bob_G

New Ma hunting reg. From the ridiculous...

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

How many times over the years have I told you guys it's only going to get worse & worse & worse for the outdoors man in Massachusetts.

How out of control agencies with their rediclious controls, & how the state takes people who HATE something, are put them in charge of it!

It was way back in 1996 when you needed a different gun lock for you house, than the one for your vehicle (& there was no way to take a gun out if you didn't have a 'trunk'....lol).

These types HATE personal freedom, liberty & especially self sufficient people.   And actually think there's a regularity utopia of mindless goose-stepping citizens to strive for....

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

But archers do gut and butcher their deer right in a parking lot right off a trail! 

Several years back Charlie (my dog) found something 50' off a path and refusrd to leave no matter how much I called him. I finallt walked over and found a fresh deer. Gutted, and only the backstrap and antlers removed. The rest was left to rot. I reported it to an EPO and took him over to see it. He told me that while its a waste of game, there no law against gutting a deer and leaving tbe rest of the animal where ever you want. 

That ain't right either.

I never once seen that in 4 decades of outdoor time locally.

On the other hand, it is impossible to hike anywhere there is a trail without dealing with other people's dog crap.

Still, I agree the law is foolish and unenforceable. 

I just wish dog owners had manners.

Bob just take it like it was poaching of fish . A few get caught , go to court and are given a kiss . This issue is more then unenforceable and even when you get cited , you can take it to court and say to the judge , judge I was out hunting and was watching for birds flying in the air . How does any one know , unless they  see them take a poop it was my dog . Then you pull out a bag with a few stools in it and say I saved this to show you that when I see my dog make a dropping I pick it up . What I am I supposed to do put a bag over the rear of my dog so that it catches every thing it excretes? I can see the facial expression of the judge when he tells whom ever is standing there representing law enforcement, Is that all you have to do enforcing the hunters to pick up turds from there dog, Not a bad idea though in some cases:howdy: 

32 mins ago, mikez2 said:

That ain't right either.

I never once seen that in 4 decades of outdoor time locally.

On the other hand, it is impossible to hike anywhere there is a trail without dealing with other people's dog crap.

Still, I agree the law is foolish and unenforceable. 

I just wish dog owners had manners.

I'm with you Mike, you can't walk 10 feet into the woods these days without stepping in crap. Deer, rabbit, and squirrel **** everywhere you go, not to mention the coyote, bear, and fisher ****. Totally disgusting, no animal should be allowed to **** in the woods. The state should either make it illegal for all animals to **** in the woods and build designated ****ting areas for all or ban everyone from entering the woods. No one wants to drag **** onto their car rugs no matter where it comes from.

Mikx likes this

1 hour ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I'm with you Mike, you can't walk 10 feet into the woods these days without stepping in crap. Deer, rabbit, and squirrel **** everywhere you go, not to mention the coyote, bear, and fisher ****. Totally disgusting, no animal should be allowed to **** in the woods. The state should either make it illegal for all animals to **** in the woods and build designated ****ting areas for all or ban everyone from entering the woods. No one wants to drag **** onto their car rugs no matter where it comes from.

Come on man. When has wild animal crap been tracked into your car?

I'll say it again. The law is foolish and there are no crap police.

I also stand by my claim vast majority of dog walkers using woods trails in central Ma are rude and dog crap and crap bags are a huge annoyance. 

17 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Come on man. When has wild animal crap been tracked into your car?

I also stand by my claim vast majority of dog walkers using woods trails in central Ma are rude and dog crap and crap bags are a huge annoyance. 

Every time I went into the woods. It's everywhere, far more prevalent than dog ****. There aught to be a law against animals ****ting in the woods.

I think what the sign basically says is.

Don't be a dick....... try to have your dogs **** away from the parking lot so we all don't have to step in it ....Thanks.

/\ My sign would read like that.

To any outdoor person, someone who spends almost all there free time in the outdoors.

Maybe hunting, fishing, photography, birding, or hiking just to see whats there.....or like some of us all of the above.

Dogs, and more importantly they're inconsiderate POS owners are by far the biggest problem you will run into.

I certainly don't mean you Bob, I understand where your coming from here. Just an overall observation from my experience.

FizzyFish and mikez2 like this

How often do you see people pick up after their on a beach and then take it back to the car in the pocket lot only to leave the "bag of crap" on the ground in the parking lot.

2 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Every time I went into the woods. It's everywhere, far more prevalent than dog ****. There aught to be a law against animals ****ting in the woods.

get real  or take it back to the tavern

2 hours ago, mikez2 said:

This is just the beginning, there will be poop police (w/ handguns)!   Another worthless public (union) job in the future.

Poop police....poop judges........that still can't seem to find other worthless people illegally in our country!

Poop is what Massachusetts leaders will be keying on....  :)

16 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

get real  or take it back to the tavern

Real, you want real, you don't want dog crap on your "shoes", don't go to an area where hunting dogs are doing their job. If you do and end up stepping in dog **** don't cry like a little girl.

This got me to thinking. All the bird hunting I do, and hundreds of hours I spend behind dogs, I can't recall ever stepping in dog pop? In my yard yes. In the woods no.

I hunt the quail area in Myles Standish 3 to 5 times a week and yes with the amount of dogs there doing their business as soon as they leave their vehicle I don't disagree with having hunters pickup after their dogs in the parking lot but to make it work there should be trash cans at each parking lot. How many people will drive home with full poop bags in their vehicle ( dam few ). Its seems like a proposal that wasn't thoroughly thought out. As far as picking up out to 100 yards  from the parking lot will they place markers saying its ok for dogs to dump after this sign? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mikez2

So dog owners pick up their dogs crap in a baggy and then discard it. That’s plain crazy.

In Maine well the part I stayed in you would spot these bags lying around and I was informed that  this was common practice and on the return leg of the walk the dog owner would collect the baggies.

Cant say I ever saw that happen once. What’s the problem of carrying around your own dogs **** bag. You mess you sort it out.

I am a dog lover . Dog owners need to respect humans and the envoirament. At least in places like parking lots etc.

Dog assisted hunting must be very pressured if dog crap really is an issue. Why would any hunter wish to hunt such over crowded places.

Mike

Edited by Mike Oliver