Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Will

Wts jigging world deep monster tilefish, cod, and tuna jigging rod

9 posts in this topic

This rod is brand new 8' rated 50-100 and up to 30lbs of drag. Spiral wrapped. Great rod for tilefish, deep water cod or even jigging for tuna. Very light but stiff enough that it has no problems with 4lb weights used for tilefish. Has a somewhat more parabolic action than typical rods used for these applications. Along with being a great tilefish rod I think this rod would be the perfect cod rod for heavy jigs since it is so light. Looking for $150 picked up. I'm in Philadelphia. I would also be interested in trades. 

98813983-3D46-47E0-A6CD-D7766B469B0F.thumb.jpeg.72c65c4c87f02cfd7a829f4b9d5d74ba.jpeg

31886833-E9B1-4E4C-9474-68200336B1F1.thumb.jpeg.8648d5229ee4c02356833fe07e186e4d.jpeg

Edited by Big Will

15 mins ago, midwestexile said:

Trade for what? Or at least what tradable categories?

Would trade for another rod mainly seeker, calstar, g loomis, black hole or similar. Would be interested in certain saltwater reels such as avets, a sustain, tranx, older trinidad and wouldn't mind adding cash for certain reels. high end pliers, plug bags, buck tail pouches. Surf rods such as gsb1201m or fsc 10-10'6"

Edited by Big Will

1 hour ago, midwestexile said:

First thing I came across was an Accurate 30SR used, with box.  Second thing 0was a Saltiga 30 (blue spool) boxed and new. 

Both great reels. And I wish I could have either one but how much money on my end would you want? I remember those accurates being pretty pricey, I dont think I've ever even seen one. Let me know about both of them. 

Edited by Big Will

These are reels I bought some years back so I'd value the Saltiga at rod plus $50 and SR 30 at rod plus $350. Forgot how much I paid until you made me look it up and I try to honor the "no markup" spirit of the BST.

I am not able to meet up until next week, mid-week.   What reel did you use for tile-fishing on that rod?

Edited by midwestexile

11 mins ago, midwestexile said:

These are reels I bought some years back so I'd value the Saltiga at rod plus $50 and SR 30 at rod plus $350. Forgot how much I paid until you made me look it up and I try to honor the "no markup" spirit of the BST.

I am not able to meet up until next week, mid-week.   What reel did you use for tile-fishing on that rod?

I'd do the saltiga for that. And next week is fine, no rush. The rod is brand new so I never fished it but I had an avet hx that I got rid of that went with the rod pretty nicely. I've done a decent amount of tile fishing and this is definitely the perfect rod for that or cod jigging. Its very strong but is very light in weight 

Edited by Big Will

Good deal; I'll do that trade.  I will PM to confirm a meet-up spot and time but I know zilch about Philly and will be coming from the south if that suggests a good location. 

3 mins ago, midwestexile said:

Good deal; I'll do that trade.  I will PM to confirm a meet-up spot and time but I know zilch about Philly and will be coming from the south if that suggests a good location. 

Sounds great! Thank you! And I live in northeast but can meet anywhere in the city or close by. This is more like the suburbs right on the edge of philly.