viper2788

Rodgeeks Surf Blank Series

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with these? Looking to get a custom 9' surf rod (SRF90MMF2) but have no experience with these blanks. A few people have suggested the Rod Geeks website to me awhile back so I thought I'd give it a try. Thanks.

I have one. Ngc layout using ti single foot y frame guides gown to fly type guides. 25,16,10 and 8 runners. Paired with either a vs150 or a penn battle 4500 depending on how I feel that day. Its incredibly light. I built it as a back bay rod but use it everywhere when conditions allow. I've used up to 2.5 oz on it without a problem. You won't be disappointed.

Build with confidence.  Great products with a great warranty and customer service.  Ive built a bunch of the surf, xcomp, carbon 2, bass 2, and SWB series and have had nothing but great feedback on how they perform.  

I built a 10’6” 3/4-4oz moderate action for a friend. Good moderate action and has the back bone. Haven’t played with the 9’ version but I have full confidence on rod geeks. Great company