flyangler

"SHY TRUMPERS" - KNOW ANY?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Shy Trumper is now a thing, borrowing from the Brit's Shy Tory meme. It is one of the excuses the polling industry will use to defend their being off the mark should the GOP perform better than the polls suggest. The idea is not new, and many righties here agree, that some people of a right-of-center perspective don't respond to pollsters. 

But Shy Trumpers goes even further, it touches on potential Independents and even some moderate Dems actually supporting Trump and/or the GOP without actually saying so in public. 

Paul  wrote about this in the WaPo yesterday.

A blue wave is predicted for the midterms. I’m not convinced.

To write off Trump's message, or to see his voters as racist and deplorable, is to miss the point. It is not that the Democrats' elite are geriatrics, though they certainly are; it is that they are too entrenched, too tone deaf and out of touch in myriad ways. The Clintons need to retire to discover the ambiguous pleasures of obscurity that the rest of us already know. Barack Obama is as eloquent as ever, and inspirational, but he needs to understand the dismay many of us feel when seeing him and his fellow Democrats taking money from big companies that outsource work and exploit foreign workers, all the while sucking up to celebrities.

A blue wave is predicted for the midterms. I'm not convinced of it. Trump proved most polls wrong for a reason. In Britain, a shy Tory is someone who will not reveal his or her intended vote to a pollster. There are many loud Trumpers, but there are shy Trumpers, too. So I distrust polls more than ever, especially as — after Trump won, and voters became more vocal — I discovered that many in my large and lovable and liberal-minded family, and maybe yours too, revealed themselves as shy Trumpers.

Do you know any suspect Shy Trumper? 

19 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Shy Trumper is now a thing, borrowing from the Brit's Shy Tory meme. It is one of the excuses the polling industry will use to defend their being off the mark should the GOP perform better than the polls suggest. The idea is not new, and many righties here agree, that some people of a right-of-center perspective don't respond to pollsters. 

But Shy Trumpers goes even further, it touches on potential Independents and even some moderate Dems actually supporting Trump and/or the GOP without actually saying so in public. 

To write off Trump's message, or to see his voters as racist and deplorable, is to miss the point. It is not that the Democrats' elite are geriatrics, though they certainly are; it is that they are too entrenched, too tone deaf and out of touch in myriad ways. The Clintons need to retire to discover the ambiguous pleasures of obscurity that the rest of us already know. Barack Obama is as eloquent as ever, and inspirational, but he needs to understand the dismay many of us feel when seeing him and his fellow Democrats taking money from big companies that outsource work and exploit foreign workers, all the while sucking up to celebrities.

A blue wave is predicted for the midterms. I'm not convinced of it. Trump proved most polls wrong for a reason. In Britain, a shy Tory is someone who will not reveal his or her intended vote to a pollster. There are many loud Trumpers, but there are shy Trumpers, too. So I distrust polls more than ever, especially as — after Trump won, and voters became more vocal — I discovered that many in my large and lovable and liberal-minded family, and maybe yours too, revealed themselves as shy Trumpers.

Nope, we have a real life with real problems to deal with.  You never hear from us because pollsters hang up or just walk away if they accidentally connect with us.

Been meeting 3 to 5 a week as of late. They are pulling into my driveway and introducing themselves. 

Had one Thursday night just as it was getting dark. 

Started off with " I want to shake your hand".... 

He went on to explain the same story as all the others. They have been wanting to stop but.... 

They love the Trump flags, the banners, etc. Especially love the fact it's been non-stop since 2016. 

They are coming out feeling emboldened. No longer feeling alone. 

Lot's of them coming out of hiding..... 

BTW, this is in a very BLUE state...... 

44 mins ago, tomkaz said:

I consider "moderate Dems" the party of Trump

I do not answer any polls.

I ID stealth Trumpers by their silence on politics. A lefty will give themselves away if you let them babble enough...they will slide an anti Trump jibe in the conversation if you let them prattle on long enough....

Just now, dena said:

I do not answer any polls.

I ID stealth Trumpers by their silence on politics. A lefty will give themselves away if you let them babble enough...they will slide an anti Trump jibe in the conversation if you let them prattle on long enough....

How do you differentiate between a lefty and a supporter of Trumps results but not liking his actions to get there?

4 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

How do you differentiate between a lefty and a supporter of Trumps results but not liking his actions to get there?

Complaints about his accomplishments. You hate the guy but generally approve of much of what he’s doing, excepting the deficit growth. 

Sometimes shy.....sometimes bold.

Shy about displaying a bumper sticker, because my truck still looks great and I know leftists will punish me by scratching it with their keys. Shy at work. Shy around my girl’s friends and family. Keep my Trump sign in the garage because I like it and want to keep it.

Bold around my family and friends. Bold when having a political discussion with someone who thinks and actually discusses. Bold when I can I guess.

I probably fit that category...although more in the middle of the middle (i.e outside of here on SOL, don't discuss it very much...but won't shy away from it when someone who knows I am mentions it to other people - and they question me)

Got a couple of these arriving tomorrow:

lol.png.d0c91952d9a457a0e6903c634d6ffae7.png

Going on my truck the moment they show up in my mailbox. 

15 mins ago, J said:

I don’t know, M.L.C.A. just doesn’t have the ring of MAGA 

But I like it otherwise. 

1 hour ago, J said:

Hell, you can usually do that just by telling a liberal to get to work.