Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Cousins tackle, kaput?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

The blanks were never imported, rods were completely built in Huntington Beach, CA. I think they tried to get to big, to fast. They built some excellent rods, but didn't have the time, or money to develop a strong customer base to support their expanding rod lines.

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Thank you.  

I don't think I've ever seen a Cousins rod in a Long Island (well, Suffolk County) store, or at the beach. 

White Water had them

When Cousins and came out with the Ron Arra rod, besides a few shops in MA has them, no body know they exist, it's not in the cousin catalog or Internet page. No spec or info mentioned anywhere. I think Ron post a thread about his new rods before, that was the only time I read about the detail about these surf rod / blanks. How could you put all the efforts in produced a new product and not let anybody know about it? This isn't some secret fishing spots, simply mind boggling.  

I was told, though forget by whom, that Cousins was a big deal in Florida and the SE.  

If I were in rod-buying mode, I'd go sniff about for whatever their best rods, or blanks, were supposed to be. I ain't.

Edited by BrianBM