flyrad10

Lost Fly Rod

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Lost a fly rod and reel off roof rod rack Thursday evening going east and north from Robert Moses field 2. Could be any where between Field 2 and Commack Rd North Babylon. The route was field 2-causeway-route 27(sunrise)-exit 40-dpa north-dpa-Commack Rd. PM me if found has sentimental value.

May not be a bad idea to put some flyers out there.

Lots of bikes, runners and walkers passing by.

And most of them don't fish.

Good luck.

No, I rarely catch fish at Robert Moses and there were no hits that evening for both fly rods and spinning rods that I could tell.  Mother Nature frequently holds a clinic at Robert Moses “out front” beaches to test the skill of both fly fisherman and spin fisherman. If the wind is in your favor then the surf will humble your stature as a confident fisherman and embarrass your ability to throw plugs and flies to where the fish may be. In other words Robert Moses is a proving ground to test the skill, mettle, arrogance and certainty of DH surf flycasters, SH fly casters and surf casters. If waves and wind aren’t enough to thwart your so called skills and luxury tackle then we have the Army Corp of Engineers to thank for flattening out any beach structure with this mantra from our fair weather friends of the coastline  ‘beach replenishment ‘ 

Completely agree and respect your comments.

I have fished RM throwing heavy plugs with wind gusting in my face with my furthest cast being 15-20 feet in front of me..only to call it quits after 30 minutes claiming it was unfishable.

Then I catch wind the following day of folks having success at the same spot and same time.

For sure a certain breed of fisherman, with select skills can get to the fish.

I usually grow frustrated and leave.

Sorry to hear of your lost fly rod... hopefull some good karma gets it returned to you quickly.

6 hours ago, flyrad10 said:

No, I rarely catch fish at Robert Moses and there were no hits that evening for both fly rods and spinning rods that I could tell.  Mother Nature frequently holds a clinic at Robert Moses “out front” beaches to test the skill of both fly fisherman and spin fisherman. If the wind is in your favor then the surf will humble your stature as a confident fisherman and embarrass your ability to throw plugs and flies to where the fish may be. In other words Robert Moses is a proving ground to test the skill, mettle, arrogance and certainty of DH surf flycasters, SH fly casters and surf casters. If waves and wind aren’t enough to thwart your so called skills and luxury tackle then we have the Army Corp of Engineers to thank for flattening out any beach structure with this mantra from our fair weather friends of the coastline  ‘beach replenishment ‘ 

You didn’t happen to get a surf candy from some weird white boy one night in the lot 

I don’t want to know but If you have Moses figured out More  power to you. Haven’t had much luck there but it may fish better in calmer conditions.

16 hours ago, flyrad10 said:

I don’t want to know but If you have Moses figured out More  power to you. Haven’t had much luck there but it may fish better in calmer conditions.

No the opposite .. and it’s over there Now anyways start looking else where ....