bonefishdick

A test of the simplest kind

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I'm working this weekend, and usually get up at 0445 hrs. Rest assured, I seriously look forward to the end of DST and getting to sleep that extra hour. (To make things even better, after I get off on Sunday at 1800 I've got the week off! Course I gotta work Thanksgiving, so there's that, too...)

I checked to see when it starts next year, and of course I'm working that weekend. If I remember, I'm gonna put in for that Sunday off. Going to work early 1 hr kills me. Ok, going to work at all kills me. :-)

Edited by Del Gue

I go along with Arizona, and from what I heard, the North East it considering it also with MA leading the way...

But yes, I remember its fall back this weekend..

4 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

I want everyone to be honest, How many remembered that we turn the clocks back on November 4th, this weekend.

I've always preferred not to think about it. :banghd:  For whatever reason, it's always taken me a while to adjust to the fall time shift.

I remembered. A late season spot I like gets torched when day lights saving happens because the nearby college campus has to start using construction lights to light sports practice. Horrific glare and I think fish don't like it either. So I was trying to enjoy the dark while it lasts.  

I remembered.  Got an extra hour of fishing time Sun morning before I had to check back in with the Warden.  She started to scold me for being late.  I said, "No dear, right on time." 

It’s not the same time this week as it was this time last week. It is stupid doing this twice a year. Don’t tell me that it is done for the farmers. Farmers are up before sunrise and work until after sunset. Why exactly do we do it.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, bmac said:

I remembered.  Got an extra hour of fishing time Sun morning before I had to check back in with the Warden.  She started to scold me for being late.  I said, "No dear, right on time." 

The warden... hilarious! :)

I was under the impression that daylight savings was initially created to increase the hours of light in the evening to improve commerce. When we fall back, we are returning to the standard time designation. I personally wish we would just pick one time and stick with it (preferably the daylight variation. Here in MN, the sun now sets at 4:30 and will only get worse as the winter progress.