SnoozeFishing

Do some of you just not like fishing in the dark?

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

I think this morning was the last of my night fighing effort for awhile, the skunk is bad. Going to hit the day time for awhile and see if anything changes. On a side note I was walking the beach last night at 3am and there was a black garbage bag moving up and down. Nearly **** my pants it looked like some night creature standing up looking at me and then ducking down back into the sand, started walking pretty fast out of there until I realized I was wearing a head lamp lol. 

22 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

I think this morning was the last of my night fighing effort for awhile, the skunk is bad. Going to hit the day time for awhile and see if anything changes. On a side note I was walking the beach last night at 3am and there was a black garbage bag moving up and down. Nearly **** my pants it looked like some night creature standing up looking at me and then ducking down back into the sand, started walking pretty fast out of there until I realized I was wearing a head lamp lol. 

Bigfoot. :naughty:

Everything is better at night. Less people, less commotion, less noise. Plus if you're looking for the fish of a lifetime they'll frequent the shallows a lot more under the cover of darkness. Once I got over the bats flying around my head I settled into my true calling for fishing.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:15 PM, richs said:

Just don't like wading alone for safety reasons. I fish in boots more and more and waders less. 

Seriously, I have no problem wading nipple deep during the day. But at night I don't even like going knee deep.

For the most part surfcasters feel more confident and secure during the day hours. Personally I will choose nights over daylight anytime. I trust my judgement 100 percent and will not push it past a certain point. Full confidence in your gear and overall ability is crutial. You either know what your doing or you don't. Simple as that. 

Not in favor of going out front alone at night. At just shy of 65, Im not as sure footed as I used to be.

In back it's a different story as long as I can stay awake. LOL

I see a lot of guys saying they don’t catch on a full moon. Is that strictly because of the light factor or does the tide it produce also factor into it? Wouldn’t it be darker on a full moon than during the day hence increasing the bite better than the day?

I have no problem fishing out back at my spots in the middle of the night. Also no problem out front if i fish from sunset into the dark or dark into first light. It probably has to do with confidence, or being able to identify moving currents/bait patterns. But I have had problems finding fish out front when i show up at night, say 7pm, and try to fish for a few hours. For some reason the same spots i fish during low light conditions and do well at, i just can't connect. I know fish are there or close by but just can't figure out that night time approach this season. Any else have similar experience or tips?