SnoozeFishing

Do some of you just not like fishing in the dark?

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

Year after year I tell myself I'm going to just keep night fishing until I like it but man I just can't get into it. I never catch(which im sure is just a confidence thing), when I use bombers right as it gets close to the lip I swear it feels exactly like a hit and the lure comes flying out, 3 years ago I caught a bomber in the inside of my nose. I know the big girls come out to play at night but I feel like id rather catch a 20# in the day time than a 30# at night. Anyone else share my thinking or am I the only one? haha

5 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

but I feel like id rather catch a 20 inch in the day time than a 30 inch at night. Anyone else share my thinking or am I the only one? haha

Let me fix that for you. If you catch 20# consistantly during the day time, f*** the grave yard shifts.

Matador, TheKnot, Tug Addict and 1 other like this

I have two kids, two jobs, go to vocational school and so on. Daytime fishing just doesn’t happen for me. Takes time a lot of time to figure out your area, tides, lures all that stuff. Took me a few years. Still haven’t figured out the beach front though. But in the back I catch all my bass where it’s unheard of to catch during the day

Done a lot of sight fishing in the tropics with fly which i love but stalking stripers at night in ri and ma salt ponds where can actually wade without sinking 3 ft in the mud is pretty cool too

Some people are just not comfortable at night.  It's not a macho thing, I've seen big hulking guys runs shrieking like little girls when they see a harmless garter snake.  If your not comfortable, your not comfortable.  Having said that, I'm so glad that the dark doesn't bother me.  Many places are barren of fish in the daylight, unless they are actively migrating through the area.  Nightime they are moving in close to shore to comfortably feed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have finished at night in fresh water a couple of times. Pretty much was always creepy. A few times by the river for catfish and another time in the woods with some friends and beers for whatever wanted to bite. Oh, and I guess I did surf fish last year at night with bait with guy from work. I couldn't see anything, it's creepy, it's even colder, etc. 

I don't see how fishing during the day isn't more enjoyable sans possibly less people and bigger fish at night - which are totally valid reasons to want to go out there and fish at night. It just feels like going at night is a chore and I'm not looking for that. Struggling to see, freezing, etc...just seems not worth it to me. Then again maybe I'm change my mind one day!!!

Edited by Pad_Crasher

The few times I fish the salt in the daylight is this time of year. Some of those times the fish turn off at dark.

My favorite part is to be able to watch the way plugs & plastics work and to scout structure.

Try fishing a spot in the light-check out the way your plugs work while you can see them. Stay after the sun goes down. If you know how the plug is working it makes night fishing more pleasing. 

12 mins ago, clambellies said:

Some people are just not comfortable at night.  It's not a macho thing, I've seen big hulking guys runs shrieking like little girls when they see a harmless garter snake.  If your not comfortable, your not comfortable.  Having said that, I'm so glad that the dark doesn't bother me.  Many places are barren of fish in the daylight, unless they are actively migrating through the area.  Nightime they are moving in close to shore to comfortably feed.

It's not that the dark bothers me, and it is quite relaxing on the beach at night but theres something about catching a fish at night that doesn't do it for me. Maybe I just like the visuals of it all.