AlwaysWading

Releasing Bass on a party boat.?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I wonder if it's possible to safely release a larger bass on a party boat...…..or would it just die ? I think I'm gonna do a all catch and release this year for Bass.Not that I catch that many.:)

why would you release bass? keep it, short or not. no one will know except for the other 40 poachers around you. if police show up, just dump bucket over and say it's not yours. captain takes blame on charter boat.

8 mins ago, fishfigure said:

why would you release bass? keep it, short or not. no one will know except for the other 40 poachers around you. if police show up, just dump bucket over and say it's not yours. captain takes blame on charter boat.

Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid ?

15 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid ?

Caught like ten nice fat cows last outing. They barely fit in my drive.... I'm ready for winter :p

36 mins ago, Sandflee said:

seems most of these Party Boats gaff, so may make a release tough

Mostly fish off a PB here in CM, no gaff.

Edited by AlwaysWading

Any party boat today should net Stripers period ! Catch and release is easy . Some will gaff a big fish if customer decides to keep fish .

Tell mate  ahead of time that you wish to release your catch , any decent boat should accommodate you .

Just tell the mates you’ll be releasing fish from this point on. Not difficult to do. I’ve done it, including blues. They do listen if you speak up. If you fish with a mono top shot it’s very easy to just lift the fish on board given its size isn’t a problem. Outside of that cut your line, majority of the time it’s a single hook you’d loose. Just tie another on and off you go back tothe water. 

Mates wont net blues and that’s very understanding but still you can hand lift them up. 

3 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I think most party boats have a no release policy. It’s easier for them to just kill everything. 

Agree.  And the captains want the fish in the box for report photos.

On 11/2/2018 at 3:01 PM, AlwaysWading said:

Mostly fish off a PB here in CM, no gaff.

What boat is Striper fishing out of CM?

Fish haven't been this far south in years.