Harf

Pay backs. Something to look forward too...

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

MAXINE WATERS: Committee chairmanship will be time for paybacks

Sounds like she's been sharpening this edge for awhile

“We have an election November 6th,” Waters said. “This is big. This may be the most important one that you’ve ever had to experience.

“This is the midterm election and often times people only vote in the presidential election because they don’t think this is important enough. But this is absolutely important,” she lectured.

“First of all, if we take back the House, most of the members of the Congressional Black Caucus will be chairs of the committees of the Congress of the United States of America,” Waters said, waving her fingers as the audience applauded.

As sad as it would be for this nation if the Dems got the house, it would ensure Trump wins in 2020 campaigning on the Dems intractable behavior, inability to advance this country, and rampant pettiness in their dealings. He will have plenty of well publicised examples to berate them with.

If the Dems win the house, Trump will likely get super majorities in both the house and senate in 2020.

35 mins ago, The Dude said:

If the Dems win the house, they are going to go ham with the committees and investigations.

I hope so... we really need to get to the bottom of the whole Saudi \ Trump connection :laugh:

Edited by RiverRaider

10 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I hope so... we really need to get to the bottom of the whole Saudi \ Trump connection :laugh:

They'll go full Nunes on it. Tax returns, Russia, Comey firing, the works. 

Maxine Waters , Hank Johnson and AOC. Running committees would be hilarious.  Couple that with late onset dementia in the speakers seat and they don’t even have to try to be obstructionist.  The sheer incompetence alone would ensure nothing productive gets done

7 mins ago, The Dude said:

the clinton foundation and uranium "mysteries" too ?  …..fat chance, huh ?

If the Dems win, they can run all the committees and investigations they want, but if the DOJ and FBI can stall appearances, refuse and/or slow walk the production of documents and refusing to testify because of lawyers advice, those committees and investigations are going nowhere right up to the 2020 elections, when Trump will rightfully ask what has a Dem house majority done for the country, and also rightfully point out that they have done nothing.

Edited by zybathegeek

52 mins ago, The Dude said:

It's worked so well for them so far,  they should definitely double down hard 

“I will be the first African-American, the first woman to chair the powerful Financial Services Committee.

“That’s all of Wall Street. That’s all the insurance companies, that’s all the banks. And so, of course, the CEOs of the banks now are saying, ‘What can we do to stop Maxine Waters because if she gets in she’s going to give us a bad time?'” she said.

“I have not forgotten you foreclosed on our houses,” she warned.

“I have not forgotten that you undermined our communities,” she continued with the tone of a preacher.

“I have not forgotten that you sold us those exotic products, had us sign on the dotted line for junk,” she yelled, “and for mess that we could not afford.”

“I have people who are homeless who have never gotten back into a home. What am I going to do to you?

“What I am going to do to you is fair. I’m going to do to you what you did to us,” she vowed.

Governance by retribution. What could go wrong?

Maxine’s mob loved it, bursting into cheers.

Edited by Harf

20 mins ago, Harf said:

“I will be the first African-American, the first woman to chair the powerful Financial Services Committee.

“That’s all of Wall Street. That’s all the insurance companies, that’s all the banks. And so, of course, the CEOs of the banks now are saying, ‘What can we do to stop Maxine Waters because if she gets in she’s going to give us a bad time?'” she said.

“I have not forgotten that you undermined our communities,” she continued with the tone of a preacher.

“I have not forgotten that you sold us those exotic products, had us sign on the dotted line for junk,” she yelled, “and for mess that we could not afford.”

“I have people who are homeless who have never gotten back into a home. What am I going to do to you?

“What I am going to do to you is fair. I’m going to do to you what you did to us,” she vowed.

She would be dangerous if she werent such a clown 

1 hour ago, Harf said:

She gonna get them back by forcing them to give loans to people that can afford them this time???

what a nutter....

3 hours ago, Harf said:

What I am going to do to you is fair. I’m going to do to you what you did to us,” she vowed.

What's that Max? Foreclose on the banker's homes? Good luck with that. And what's this "us" nonsense. You live in a 6 mill estate.

5 hours ago, ken r said:

What's that Max? Foreclose on the banker's homes? Good luck with that. And what's this "us" nonsense. You live in a 6 mill estate.

Her peeps are to stupid to connect the dots...

This info may mess up her dreams.

Investors

Even with the recent volatility in the stock market, the Dow is up by almost 42% since early November 2016.

The broader S&P 500 index is up 31%. And the Nasdaq Composite index is up 47%.

Optimism

People are also far more optimistic today than they were two years ago. The Consumer Confidence Index was at 98.6 just before the 2016 elections.

Today, it stands at 137.9. To put that in perspective, this index was at 100 in 1985 — the year after Reagan won his landslide re-election.

The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index was at 51.4 in November 2016. The latest reading for this index is 57.8.

Two years ago, the IBD/TIPP Financial Stress Index stood at 56.3 — anything over 50 signals stress. The latest reading for this index: 48.4.

In other words, the public is 12% more optimistic about the economy and 14% less stressed about their personal finances than they were two years ago.

Business optimism is also far higher today than it was two years ago.

Health Care

Despite Democrats' attacks on Republicans over health care, the fact is that those enrolling in ObamaCare right now are better off than they were in November 2016.

Two years ago, enrollees faced average premium increases of 25% and declining choices. This year, the average premium is down by 1.5% — the first time that's ever happened under ObamaCare.

What's more, individuals in some states have a new low-cost option that they didn't have two years ago — short-term insurance plans that last a year. These plans don't have to comply with ObamaCare's myriad benefit mandates and rating regulations. As a result, they're far cheaper.

This strong, across-the-board economic progress was not accidental — nor was it inevitable, as Obama would have voters believe.

As we've noted in this space many times, after eight years of underwhelming growth, the economy was stagnating when Trump took office. Wages, unemployment, stocks, household incomes all flatlined that year. And GDP growth was decelerating.

Why Are You Better Off?

The turnaround under Trump was not only unexpected, but deemed impossible by Democrats, who were trying to convince the public that 2% growth was the best this country could do.

Yet despite the improvements, there's no guarantee this growth will continue, especially if Democrats win control of Congress and are able to thwart Trump's pro-growth economic policies going forward.

There are already some signs of weakness, such as the data from outplacement firm Challenger Gray and Christmas showing a spike in the number of job cuts announced last month.

Democrats want the midterm elections to be a referendum on President Trump.

We hope it is.

Because if voters are honest with themselves, they'll realize that Trump and the GOP are delivering for the country, just as they promised.