flyangler

SCARBOROUGH: “AS FLORIDA GOES, SO GOES THE COUNTRY”

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Morning Joe Scarborough said it a few minutes ago, channeling his inner Tim Russert, that’s Florida will be the bellwether for the nation.

Will he be right? 

Edited by tomkaz

DeSantis wins by 4 to 6 points; the D's are all in down here that's for sure. 

DeSantis has been pro #MAGA from the start, beating him would have been a yuge win for the Leftist's.

We have commies down here. Sure do. However, there are lots of places that have commies, too. I doubt ours will be leading the way.

Joe has nothing to offer and never has. Meekah should know that by now.

46 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Than you for acknowledging there are multiple nations within our borders. There used to be one. 

Fat thumb error. Fixed now. 

I don't know.  Predictions are much harder nowadays - especially since many conservatives (like me) will not take part in polls.

17 mins ago, DZ said:

I don't know.  Predictions are much harder nowadays - especially since many conservatives (like me) will not take part in polls.

Same. The rare times I have I answer randomly.

I might create a post about this later, but one of the things to watch is the mood on Morning Joe come this Monday morning. Over the weekend the political team at NBC will do their final number crunching and pass that on to the hosts before they go on the air. While I would never expect them to telegraph a pro Republican message, there could be enough between the lines communication to figure out what their political people are telling them.

The other point at which to focus Will be late in the afternoon between 4 and 6 PM as exit pull data starts to find its way into the studios. While they’re not supposed to talk about exit poll findings on the air while the polls are still open and states, they know what’s there. If you start hearing people pulling punches or qualifying their prior comments, you know they know something.

1 hour ago, ken r said:

Same. The rare times I have I answer randomly.

1 hour ago, DZ said:

I agree with this.  The Congressional race in my district is a dead heat in what has always been a reliable red seat.  There are a lot of factors, the R incumbent stepped down mid race so the guy who jumped in late was way behind in fundraising and getting his relatively unknown name out.   I was having lunch with a very astute D attorney and asked him his prediction.  He said he thought the results would be so close that either side would call for a recount and that however it turned out, it would ultimately be decided in the Courts.

My comment back to him was "So I guess you believe the polls are indicative of how the District will really vote?"

He just looked at me like I had 3 heads......

Someone said this week that control of the House could come down to less than 10,000 votes cast across a dozen or more key districts. That the counting of mail-in, overseas and provisional ballots may happen in districts where it has never been needed before to decide a winner. 

And, as you point out, the court challenges will be fascinating. 

It's bad news for Democrats. They like to participate in polls. Republicans hang-up and independents... 

The most reliable polls are the in-state polls from local news agencies. The out of state polls are hired pens.

Its still looks bad for the Dems in Florida. If Gillum Gollum is as popular as they say he is, he would not have to continually return to Miami for rallies. This is maybe the 4th time he has stumped in Miami. He should be a lock in in Miami and Broward. Apparently he is not.

My wife wonders why we don't see any DeSantis promotions in Miami. He is tied with Gollum without promotion.

Bill Nelson has been running adds all over the place. Scott has not been actively campaigning anywhere due to the hurricane. 

Crypt Keeper is tied with Scott.

Republicans vote on election day. The Democrats have already voted and black voters are split. Hispanic voters are GOP this year.

11 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

It's bad news for Democrats. They like to participate in polls. Republicans hang-up and independents... 

The most reliable polls are the in-state polls from local news agencies. The out of state polls are hired pens.

Its still looks bad for the Dems in Florida. If Gillum Gollum is as popular as they say he is, he would not have to continually return to Miami for rallies. This is maybe the 4th time he has stumped in Miami. He should be a lock in in Miami and Broward. Apparently he is not.

My wife wonders why we don't see any DeSantis promotions in Miami. He is tied with Gollum without promotion.

Bill Nelson has been running adds all over the place. Scott has not been actively campaigning anywhere due to the hurricane. 

Crypt Keeper is tied with Scott.

Republicans vote on election day. The Democrats have already voted and black voters are split. Hispanic voters are GOP this year.

You make a very good point on Gillum and Miami. If his internal polling, and they do it every day, was showing good news, he’d be up in Orlando or Tampa or WPB. 

He will be with Obama in Miami either today or over the weekend. What does that tell you about his standing if they have to bring in their “big dog” to close the deal for Gillum? And the risk to Obama of expending political capital in this way? 

2 hours ago, DZ said:

And that's why R's will keep the House & Senate

OBAMA: “Hold on a second. Hold on a second. Listen. Here’s the deal. Here’s the deal. If you support the other candidates, then you should go support the other candidates. Don’t be here. I never — one of the things I never understood was why if you’re supporting the other guy, you come to my rally? Go to their rally. Go talk about what you’re for. Don’t come holler in here. Where was I?"

Heckeled and Rattled
https://grabien.com/file.php?id=495209&utm_source=player&utm_medium=filebutton