Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boxlock

New Slammers

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else have a problem with the new Penn Slammer? I got one that right from new is a bugger to reel in even with a 40z bank sinker there is serious pressure when I try and retrieve my line, are they supposed to reel like that? My old Slammers reel up like a dream.

Sounds like grease issue from back at the factory just based on my small experience less xpensive Penns . I bought a spinfisher V that felt good for an hour and then became very geary and heavy. I returned to store rather than send in for warranty service. 

Maybe Penn has a warranty service provider near you that you take it to to be serviced. 

http://www.pennfishing.com/PENN-warranty.html

Probably should post this in the Penn subforum in the fishing industry insider forum. 

Edited by Otshawytsha

If your trying to reel up a 40 ounce weight you will have to use the rod not the reel. The gear ratio on the spinning reel is too high. 

I’m sorry I think you said 4 oz. it should be nice and easy to do that. I dont have any small Slammer III reels. The 6500 is what I use for Tuna and Amberjack. No problems at all.

Edited by handi2

11 mins ago, handi2 said:

If your trying to reel up a 40 ounce weight you will have to use the rod not the reel. The gear ratio on the spinning reel is too high. 

I think he's saying 4 oz