giant basshole

Bumper sticker design

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I have an idea for a bumper sticker , however I am unsure If i can or can't use an illustration I found online . Can anybody help me out with legalities ? Can I use any image , or do I need permission? 

3 mins ago, giant basshole said:

I have an idea for a bumper sticker , however I am unsure If i can or can't use an illustration I found online . Can anybody help me out with legalities ? Can I use any image , or do I need permission? 

I think it all about copyrignt, also may pics on internet have watermarks as protection, basically you cannot use something of the internet unless you know for sure its legal. Many lawsuits are because of things like this. In my opinion you better have someone make your own logo (with the idea of what you saw online). someone will give you more details am sure.

19 mins ago, Seabassplug said:

I think it all about copyrignt, also may pics on internet have watermarks as protection, basically you cannot use something of the internet unless you know for sure its legal. Many lawsuits are because of things like this. In my opinion you better have someone make your own logo (with the idea of what you saw online). someone will give you more details am sure.

Thanks .

You can probably make any bumper sticker you want with any logo. The problem starts if you try to sell them or they get some sort of mass exposure.

7 hours ago, Skkeeter said:

You can probably make any bumper sticker you want with any logo. The problem starts if you try to sell them or they get some sort of mass exposure.

^

You can use google's reverse image search to find out who made the illustration, contact them and see if they'd be ok with you using it or licensing it (paying them some money) for the bumperstickers.

Artists put their work on the internet in order to show what they can do, but that doesn't mean that everything on the internet can be used (legally) for free. 

Or you can also contact another illustrator / designer and have them work on a new custom illustration for you.