ChasingTales

Waders other than LL Bean,Orvis or Simms

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

So what other good Bootfoot waders are out there. Any one try Caddis 5ply endurance or their Northern Guide Breathable Bootfoot with 1200 Gram Boots. How about Frogg Toggs Hellbender. 

Been  using Aquaz bootfoots with 5m/m bootfoot , model Dry Zip in winter when water temps dip into 30's , very warm and extremely comfortable  to,walk in 

4 layer upper breathables 

they have another model I using now 3 m/m Rogue with same bootfoot no,zipper regular style 

live been using mine 6'seasons now and now just recently developed seam leak in 3 m/m model 

I fish trout about 70+ days a year mostly now thru late spring so, I'm pleased with quality , it's all Japanese material ! 

I have the frogg toggs stocking foot and love them my buddy works at the tackle shop and he has frogg toggs as well he said they sell quite a few and no complaints on them I thought they were pretty nice for the money

I got a pair of frog toggs that leaked out of the box- probably won’t go with them again.

has anyone beeen using the USIA waders recently?  They seem reasonably priced and can be customized.  Downside is they aren’t breathable.

Edited by Fitzy

I’ve went cheap waders this year .. my beans leak like crazy, water coming through every seam , boots cracked , and now water seeping through the fabric themselves... 

ordered some cheap ass frog togs .. 44$ shipped to my door.. couldn’t take water shin high in my boot after few hours fishing anymore ... the boots are flimsy and terrible but the waders aren’t bad .. if they beefed up the boots they would be great .. anyways been using couple months now daily and still dry .. when they leak in the garbage they go and new pair for cheap again 

I have the Redington Palix River stockingfoots and like them so far...they do make them in a bootfoot, I think the cheapest I saw them was like $ 230.   I have Cabela's neoprene bootfoots which have lasted a few years so far with no issues.  I'm not sure if their breathable waders are decent.

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

I have the Redington Palix River stockingfoots and like them so far...

I have the same, bought them in the clearance section of the local cabela's for a large discount.  So far so good on their 3rd season.

16 hours ago, OnTheFish said:

I have the frogg toggs stocking foot and love them my buddy works at the tackle shop and he has frogg toggs as well he said they sell quite a few and no complaints on them I thought they were pretty nice for the money

I too have Frogg Togg stocking foot ... 1st pair is two seasons old, several small pinhole leaks but nothing bad. Picked up a new pair last month for under $60 ... great for the cost, in fact they are disposable

15 hours ago, aneary said:

I have the reddington sonic pros for over 5 years with no problems. 

How many days have you fished them?

I have the LL Bean Superseams and the fabric on them has worn through all around the boots, thee crotch, the very top of the waders, the belt. Seams had a few leaks. Boots cracked in several places, as well as cut by rocks in places. Going to be looking elsewhere for some waders that are more durable when I decide to retire these this winter. 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:56 AM, nycstripers16 said:

I’m intrigued by the USIA waders even if they’re non breathable. They look bomb proof.

I spoke to them on the phone about 4-5 years back, but never pulled the trigger on the order.  I wish I had.  I’ll probably place an order this winter once I figure out sizing.