crazybellringer

this is going to take a while

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I caught some nice fish on the fag sharter this spring.  Too bad you wouldn't fish with me.  

The mag darter has accounted for plenty of fish...mostly in places/times when they wouldn't bite anything else well :)

TimS

15 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I showed nifty my orange Darter at the spring fling. He cursed me out.  :wave:

I have some painted parrot and a couple schoolbus...Oznavad painted them for me 15 years or so ago...they are dirty in the good way ;)

TimS

6 mins ago, TimS said:

I have some painted parrot and a couple schoolbus...Oznavad painted them for me 15 years or so ago

Were those posted here someplace?  I remember some painted darters a long time ago on here that had me drooling.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

Bob...you need to expand your horizons a little bit and learn about ball jigs, FinSFish and Sluggos :read:   They make fish feeding in current do all sorts of stupid things. I'd be willing to help...what evening can you get down here for four or five hours? 

TimS

I had some jigs with rubbers like the bass assasin shads and curley tails and no luck.  However Rocco did a lot of jigging this trip and i think jigs accounted for most of his fish.   I also  ran the mc 55 sand eel, and shads in different sizes.  Mike mc also could not get them to turn on. 

1 hour ago, TimS said:

Bob...you need to expand your horizons a little bit and learn about ball jigs, FinSFish and Sluggos :read:   They make fish feeding in current do all sorts of stupid things. I'd be willing to help...what evening can you get down here for four or five hours? 

TimS

Obviously i would  love some tips and would like to try some things. 

1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I showed nifty my orange Darter at the spring fling. He cursed me out.  :wave:

Were those posted here someplace?  I remember some painted darters a long time ago on here that had me drooling.

cool story BRO!

giphy3.gif

giphy4.gif

They were...don't recall when, but they were posted here :)

7 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Obviously i would  love some tips and would like to try some things. 

Pick an evening in the near future and we'll go pull on some practice bass :)

TimS

21 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

I had some jigs with rubbers like the bass assasin shads and curley tails and no luck.  However Rocco did a lot of jigging this trip and i think jigs accounted for most of his fish.   I also  ran the mc 55 sand eel, and shads in different sizes.  Mike mc also could not get them to turn on. 

when they were popping right in the rocks the first night, i don't think you were there yet, but i put on a brokeback bomber and proceeded to catch one eating size boofish. that went back in the bag for the rest of the trip and i went back to bucktails and bass kandies for the rest of the trip. except for the endless casting at the elusive funny fish.