crazybellringer

this is going to take a while

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

You should have dead sticked your fly rod and show them up

I'm sure the guys would have loved to see him jump off the rocks naked to retrieve it.  

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

about an hour after the sun comes up  i get a text from pricise10 saying he is not coming up and he never even made the empinadas he said he would bring.

:shock:

nah, juss kidding :laugh: 

36 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

How many cheap beers did you drink, how many seltzers?  Did you get refunds for the cans?

I didn't turn the cans in but mostly it was a canned beer trip. Even had some beer with SIM. 

So the first trip started   slow it was a grind. I have been on a bunch of trips in my life and only had a couple bad ones.  Im two days in rhode island and we got guys fishing 15 hour daystar a hand full of shorts.  Me i am putting in 8 hours and having fishing sodas.  No fish friday, No fish saturday.  the thing is im sitting on mullet stacked up with he occasional fish breaking. 

Sunday night i decide i am going to push it until i catch something.   Leave around 9 hit my spot   looking good but no fish, keep trying keep switching things up.  Finally around 2 am i pick up a fish. 

the second fish there was caught on a black mag darter. I have had on and off love affair with he mag darter but for some reason when nothing else worked this did which is often the case with the mag darter.  A jersey classic getting it done in RI.

Bob...you need to expand your horizons a little bit and learn about ball jigs, FinSFish and Sluggos :read:   They make fish feeding in current do all sorts of stupid things. I'd be willing to help...what evening can you get down here for four or five hours? 

TimS