crazybellringer

this is going to take a while

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

So i have decided to tell you about my two trips to south county,  Im going to mix up the trips and tell little parts and stories from both. The first one i stayed at a camp ground and it was pretty nice. Didn't bring a tent because i have a bed in the back that is pretty comfortable.  The second was classic bellringer. I work 8 hours  come home throw all my crap int he truck head off for my four hour drive.  First stop is one of my favorite spots to fish weekapoug. this is probably the least popular breach way but i like it when  i drive all night and need an easy place to fish.   So i roll up gear up it's about midnight. I go to my usual spot and i can hear bait and fish.  You know its   going to be on.  The gus 50 yards down are popping on their head lights.  Im running the bag darters, mag darters(even fishes color) Shads, vision sand eel  sp minnows.  Guys across are popping their lites on.  I get that sinking feeling this is going to be another grind of a trip. I don't know if i can take any more ****** fishing so i can smell my own desperation. Head back to the truck completely change the bag out.  Im going to focus on the bottom and bring some out of the box stuff.  fish some more but no fish  go back to the truck and try to switch a couple things around. The other guys come walking back with to fish.  They say hello and i ask them looks like you guys were crushing them what were you using?  The response they were dead sticking shads in the current they said if they swam them or even sealed they would not get a touch.  Some times unorthodox techniques work.  I go back to my spot to give it a try but the tied has turned. At his point im on suicide watch but it didn't last long. 

great story, but isnt this the nj forum?  I grew in that area, my memories of fishing those beachways was that the water was so gin clear, like those guys told you "had to fish is just right", polar opposite of NJ blitz fishing

at this point it's about 3:30  i decide to move to a new spot where i am going to meet my friends for dawn. get there around four decide to sleep for a little bit. 

guys roll in at 5:30 and we are ready to go.  we decide to work an open beach with some rocks.  its not long before your boy bellringer is putting fish on the beach.

20181010_070643.jpg

Edited by crazybellringer

1 hour ago, ferret said:

great story, but isnt this the nj forum?  I grew in that area, my memories of fishing those beachways was that the water was so gin clear, like those guys told you "had to fish is just right", polar opposite of NJ blitz fishing

it is and i figure these clowns could use a good story.