UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,360 posts in this topic

Out front o.c rain not as bad as I expected. A few small fish right in the wash. All in the dark . Between 2 of us 5 small's  better than the skunk. We were getting a lot of mole crab's on the plug hook's. Wonder bread  sp minnow and  bone sp were the ticket. Back out in the morning. 

We caught about a dozen football shaped Stripers on sandeel flys. My bud had one that was 27" thick and was the fish of the day. East wind was a tough cast but the fish were there.

Hoping for bigger fish? Start praying, buy a lucky rabbit's foot or burn an old dried bunker wearing a seagull feather in your hat cause all of em won't make bigger fish show. When dinks and school dominate the catch big bass are a pipe dream. Oh there'll be the odd big fish here and there, also a nice pod of good size fish may show but realistically......scale down make it fun. If you bang a good fish patience, skill and a little luck will land that. I hoping for big fish (one Jan we were catching 20lb fish a blitz) too but the fly makes all bass fighters.

20181124_145856_20181124204613771.jpg

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Adjust article

3 hours ago, apagano80 said:

Thoughts on tomorrow’s NW wind 15-20...yay or nay?

Don't be a b!tch. Go fish. I'll be putting the Christmas lights on the house. So send me pictures of the fish you catch so I can be jealous just like the other day. Haha.

I just woke up, heading out in a few minutes

North wind is going to make it tough to keep touch with the lure so it's looking like a tin and teaser morning rather than slinging eels like I was originally planning

What a morning water is booming and dirty even the water coming in the inlets is mud Brown its going to take a couple of tides at least to clean up.    the Surfers are going to have a blast today they are everywhere.   O.c. is a bust.  Going to grab a coffee and hit my favorite tackle store to restock my gear  maybe later I will check back. :shrug:

waste of time water is basically river water (MUD) and there were obviously no fish caught... IBSP had water right up to the dunes....  Some gannets working out of range but that's the only sign of life I saw in 2.5 hours up there... Yesterday was decent today NG... Gonna need a day or a few tides to cleanse things