November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Woke up late this morning didn’t hit the sand until after noon. First time to the beach and in the daytime since September ish. Checked a cam on surfers view and said high tide was at 12 guess that was wrong since it was dead low. Drove around trying to find a decent spot. Took the skunk. Fleet of boats out about 2 miles

First year surf fishing for stripers and am headed out early am tomorrow. Conditions would seem to be prime but not really familiar with the dirty water problem. How much does wind direction affect that? My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask but I will post a report tomorrow. Thanks for any input. I’m psyched!

2 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Complete opposite, I keep adding the years on and my results keep getting worse and worse every year it seems. 

Yeah, I'm looking at dropping pressure shifting winds tomorrow and thinking it just ain't going to happen, again. Like last time and teh time before that. But hey you never know...

Ok evening in OC, landed 4 thick shorties and a few hickory shad. Was nice to see so much bait in the wash and swimming birds having a feast.

tempted to give it a shot at high and into out going, but I have very little hope a bite would develop in the dark. 

Has anyone heard of a night bite this year? I know sandeels in the past have helped get make the night shift the right shift.

34 mins ago, Fishlessjoe said:

First year surf fishing for stripers and am headed out early am tomorrow. Conditions would seem to be prime but not really familiar with the dirty water problem. How much does wind direction affect that? My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask but I will post a report tomorrow. Thanks for any input. I’m psyched!

Not sure where they are pumping sand these days but everywhere else should be fine for clean water. Have fun!!

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

52 mins ago, Rkfool said:

Woke up late this morning didn’t hit the sand until after noon. First time to the beach and in the daytime since September ish. Checked a cam on surfers view and said high tide was at 12 guess that was wrong since it was dead low. Drove around trying to find a decent spot. Took the skunk. Fleet of boats out about 2 miles

I noticed that some of the surf cam websites show the back tides, not the ocean

1 hour ago, Fishlessjoe said:

Hey glad you’re getting into it and welcome to the brotherhood.  Winds tomorrow are not promising.  I personally don’t like to fish anything south.  Maybe a south west but even that is questionable for me atleast.  At the same time you don’t know if you’re not out there so give it hell.

6 hours ago, apagano80 said:

Fished hard as hell today to take out the skunk with @chitala383 and @TopwaterPeteno keepers but I was glad to have had some action.  Fish caught NOMOCO....Right before dead low tide.  

DF4939C0-C8CE-4C94-99C9-A0BEF0DF8587.jpeg

2B1CA144-FA66-44C6-96EA-3577800C83B3.jpeg

C23CF13D-B5F5-47FD-8D8F-F53D2167F88B.jpeg

Don't tell me you were at your fishing post in SH again.....good job man nonetheless. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

5 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Complete opposite, I keep adding the years on and my results keep getting worse and worse every year it seems. .

definitely been a rougher year for me too KK. Seems like since Sandy I can't have a decent year where all the stars line up. Bass have been sporadic to say the least and the blues have moved to Italy where the anchovies and sardines taste much better! I'm hoping the bite goes into December( remember those Decembers where the fish stayed around?) and the spring somehow just pays off. My 14 year old son is starting off( 2nd year) and the beach has been mediocre at best for him. Remember when fish were all over the surf??? Memories!

MOCO out front this morning on the outgoing. Cold, but light winds, quite nice out. Clean water, but didn't see any bait. Lots of birds working a few hundred yards off the beach with the fleet on and off of them. Had a double of shorts and that's all she wrote, no other bumps. Will be back out front in the AM Saturday. Had this one bunker swim onshore next to me. Are these sea lice or something else?

20181123_105936.jpg

20181123_101921-EFFECTS.jpg

20181123_101630.jpg

• Sudsy locked this topic