UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,360 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Fished OC from 9am - 12pm water was the fishiest I ever seen in my life. Covered a lot of beach guy in front of me was hooking up pretty steady on shorts. Was about to call it a day and continue my 10 day skunk streak when a 26” bass hit it 5 feet in front of me on a bucktail. Threw SP’s, AVAs, bucktails. Worst fall run I’ve ever seen. Hope this is rock bottom and it’s only up from here. 

Hate to be a debbie downer, but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

22 mins ago, Goldy said:

I think someone got this storm prediction slightly ****in wrong.  

Seriously! i heard "rain for the coast (monmouth and ocean) with a period of sleet," yet there i was leaving the Lowes in Holmdel on highway 35 in about 3 inches. 

47 mins ago, frezzy said:

Hate to be a debbie downer, but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Yup :( the mass slaughter of breeder fish this fall by the big party boats isn’t gonna help

25 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Yup :( the mass slaughter of breeder fish this fall by the big party boats isn’t gonna help

Big bass taste like crap anyway. 

I'd rather eat sea robins or porgy. They taste 100x better than bass. 

1 hour ago, Danny1199 said:

Big bass taste like crap anyway. 

I'd rather eat sea robins or porgy. They taste 100x better than bass. 

I might eat a bass that's right at the 28 mark, but all the rest go back. Even then, there are much tastier fish out there, but not as much fun to catch.

36 mins ago, fdhog said:

I might eat a bass that's right at the 28 mark, but all the rest go back. Even then, there are much tastier fish out there, but not as much fun to catch.

True, and I don't blame anyone for keeping legal fish, just wish they wouldn't lol

11 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

210-220 miles each way for me, was doing it every weekend until recently/this year with how awful it's been.

The cheesy doesn't offer you better opportunities as opposed to driving 4+ miles to J? Boat thing?

5 hours ago, stripedbassking said:

So true. It boggles my mind that the biggest breeders are killed the most. I wish they were respected the same way Bull Reds were in the south. Would people really be that upset with a slot for stripers? Or does everyone HAVE to keep a 40+lber every time the go out? 

30 mins ago, JerseySwells said:

So true. It boggles my mind that the biggest breeders are killed the most. I wish they were respected the same way Bull Reds were in the south. Would people really be that upset with a slot for stripers? Or does everyone HAVE to keep a 40+lber every time the go out? 

Wrong!  The majority of Striped Bass that are harvested are between 28" and 39"

Those fish represent 90% of the Migratory Bass that we all target during their Spring and Fall Migration.  Stripers from 40" up are less than 15% of the the fish we target as they swim past us twice a year.

70% of all migratory Striped Bass (Chesapeake Bay, Delaware River and Hudson River are females.

The targeting of those big Breeders should be elminated.  Catch, take a measure and a picture and then Released them.

"Let the Big Ones Go!"

Edited by RJ

39 mins ago, RJ said:

Wrong!  The majority of Striped Bass that are harvested are between 28" and 39"

Those fish represent 90% of the Migratory Bass that we all target during their Spring and Fall Migration.  Stripers from 40" up are less than 15% of the the fish we target as they swim past us twice a year.

70% of all migratory Striped Bass (Chesapeake Bay, Delaware River and Hudson River are females.

The targeting of those big Breeders should be elminated.  Catch, take a measure and a picture and then Released them.

"Let the Big Ones Go!"

Interesting numbers. Thanks for the clarification.