UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

657 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

dirty water. itll be turned up pretty bad by thursday midnight. Gonna take more than a few tide cycles to clean up

Dang making a loooonnng road trip for the weekend, bummer looks like conditions won’t be very good :/

9 hours ago, Hook 62 said:

Question?what happened to all the peanut bunker ? I went out back were they usually stack-up before they go out  I didn't see any bait at all . several different spots . I didn't fish just a bait finding mission before work  it really don't look good for us beach guy's. 

I can tell you that bunker in large numbers haven't been up in the Raritan River this fall...the previous 2 years there would be a week or 2 where 1/4mile schools would stretch from one side of the river to the other. Only 3 years ago, when i first started going after saltwater fish, there was a couple weeks where i caught juvenile (up to 12") stripers, blues, and weakfish in the River. I hope it's just a down year..     Even in the bay, this year, i didn't come across massive any schools...and unlike the past couple of years, i didn't read or hear of any of those mass die-offs of bunker. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Dang making a loooonnng road trip for the weekend, bummer looks like conditions won’t be very good :/

My advice for fishing post NE conditions in jersey is to soak clam if you have the patience to do so

Edit: I didnt realize you were travelling or I wouldnt have been so blunt with my predictions ahah. Keep plugging and dont hesitate to drive and move around to find clean water. ONce you find some get out at that spot at night

Edited by DragonsLax48

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

My advice for fishing post NE conditions in jersey is to soak clam if you have the patience to do so

Edit: I didnt realize you were travelling or I wouldnt have been so blunt with my predictions ahah. Keep plugging and dont hesitate to drive and move around to find clean water. ONce you find some get out at that spot at night

Its been super slow so a long roadtrip might not be worth it unless youre coming in for holidays.   Theres just no big fish

For those asking about big surf. I use this app as genea guide

Its swellinfo. Surfing app so gives u an idea. Green means west wind big swells predicted

Maybe heavy west wind will pull bunker in. 

D89100DD-DF93-4289-A3A1-E7EC9ACE102C.png

ADE3BCDD-7EDE-4D53-8681-3413FE28590B.png

Hook 62 and stripedbassking like this

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

For those asking about big surf. I use this app as genea guide

Its swellinfo. Surfing app so gives u an idea. Green means west wind big swells predicted

Maybe heavy west wind will pull bunker in. 

D89100DD-DF93-4289-A3A1-E7EC9ACE102C.png

ADE3BCDD-7EDE-4D53-8681-3413FE28590B.png

What’s the red mean?

Hit the surf around 3:45pm for a quick shot at anything swimming.

Great looking water, honk'n NW wind with a good current. Managed

one school fish that was fat. Tough little fighter in the surf. Again

the Jiggy scores!

1 hour ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Hit the surf around 3:45pm for a quick shot at anything swimming.

Great looking water, honk'n NW wind with a good current. Managed

one school fish that was fat. Tough little fighter in the surf. Again

the Jiggy scores!

Is the jiggy much different than the clouser?  What is the stripping technique for the jiggy

Hitting it tomorrow morning, appreciate any last minute advice