UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

822 posts in this topic

Whoever you are, that left the heron tangled in their blue braid, you are a scumbag. Dont worry ( not you, scumbag, you ought to worry ) , the heron was okay- sorta. me and uncle benzy cut it free.Thought its wing was done after trying to pull out of the tangled braid for however long.. after it stopped freaking out it hopped around and eventually flew away. 

59 mins ago, BradleyBeachMan said:

Whoever you are, that left the heron tangled in their blue braid, you are a scumbag. Dont worry ( not you, scumbag, you ought to worry ) , the heron was okay- sorta. me and uncle benzy cut it free.Thought its wing was done after trying to pull out of the tangled braid for however long.. after it stopped freaking out it hopped around and eventually flew away. 

Good on you BBM and uncle B

1 hour ago, BradleyBeachMan said:

nice work bradely :clap: 

hope it didn't give you too much trouble with its bill, you really have to watch out for them. you could easily loose an eye. 

They might not be scum.....some folks are terrified of wildlife and don't know what do in the situation. I've witnessed such first hand.

Team Okuma likes this

13 mins ago, Sheisty said:

They might not be scum.....some folks are terrified of wildlife and don't know what do in the situation. I've witnessed such first hand.

here it is:

step 1:  Put on big boy pants

step 2: either grab the bird by the neck or do what i do. Take of sweat shirt and put it on birds head and grab neck. 

step 3:  cut the braid in a billion places. 

1 hour ago, BradleyBeachMan said:

That is a scumbag maneuver they ought to beat him with the business end of a gaff. Just my opinion !!!

5 hours ago, JuvenileTortoise said:

Not really a joke but more so just a hilarious fun fact. Absolutely my favorite thing to say about us poles. Apparently we armed our cavalry with anti-tank guns in WWII and managed to stop German Panzers for a day to let a group of our soldiers retreat safely. There's the running joke of poles being dumb and the fact that we charged tanks with horses doesn't really help argue it. It's called 'The Charge at Krojanty' for those who want to read more about it.

Related image

Theseeker66 likes this

42 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Birds pretty much go docile once you cover their heads with a cloth.  I have probably snagged three gulls over the years and never had a problem releasing them back.  If you are gonna hunt and fish you might as well be responsible.    Some people just suck at it

Sheisty likes this

Fished hard out front MoCo throwing bigger plugs & tins from about 4:30 am - 8am. There was a nice rolling surf, but the water was very stained where I was. I moved south and found a slight improvement in clarity with very fishy looking surf. So naturally, I caught the skunk. Took a quick break to grab coffee and a bagel and was back at it from 9-noon. Picked a few short bass in the second window of fishing with a few other bumps, but that was probably only because I finally gave in and threw a swim shad on. Even the bigger profile shads have simply been dink magnets for me lately, but I suppose any lure is a dink magnet in our current state of affairs. One very small one in the 12"-16" range actually beached itself chasing the shad in. Back at it tomorrow morning.

Pad_Crasher likes this

4 hours ago, BradleyBeachMan said:

good on you and your uncle.... well done

skunk is gettin old. Multiple spots..out back and front..Moco. Looked ideal conditions wise. Not even a blowup. Time to down some coors at the local watering hole. 

6 hours ago, BigBen425 said:

Took today off work.

last night - out back OC, casted eels in some areas I’ve always done well.. tides weren’t right and the current was ripping.. after two hours called it quits and went home to get some sleep.

I think we ran into each other last night

You the guy that offered me the eel ?