UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

820 posts in this topic

14 mins ago, JuvenileTortoise said:

Do I look like him? I'm not related to anyone here actually. I'm just your average polak who sometimes catches small fish.

Any Polish joke for us?

Posted (edited) · Report post

MoCo last Yesterday 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM   Bigger waves than I expected and a pretty stiff south wind yesterday.  Water was kinda stained.   Still there were some small stripers around.    I caught one mini ... lost another.   

I sure hope some bigger fish show up,  last fall was a mini marathon ..

Edited by UncleJohn

5 mins ago, levari said:

Any Polish joke for us?

Not really a joke but more so just a hilarious fun fact. Absolutely my favorite thing to say about us poles. Apparently we armed our cavalry with anti-tank guns in WWII and managed to stop German Panzers for a day to let a group of our soldiers retreat safely. There's the running joke of poles being dumb and the fact that we charged tanks with horses doesn't really help argue it. It's called 'The Charge at Krojanty' for those who want to read more about it.

15 hours ago, Goudacuda said:

bro what are you talking about, im just trying to learn something from the people that are actually willing to be helpful. 

p.s I don't even keep fish 

Easy fella, we like to have fun in here while being helpful.  Stick around, you'll start to see some patterns in here and will pick up on a few things. 

mike07gsxr likes this

21 mins ago, JuvenileTortoise said:

Not really a joke but more so just a hilarious fun fact. Absolutely my favorite thing to say about us poles. Apparently we armed our cavalry with anti-tank guns in WWII and managed to stop German Panzers for a day to let a group of our soldiers retreat safely. There's the running joke of poles being dumb and the fact that we charged tanks with horses doesn't really help argue it. It's called 'The Charge at Krojanty' for those who want to read more about it.

Lol that's a good one...haven't heard that one before which is surprising because I'm a WWII history buff AND 100% pole blooded. :howdy:Go figure. My absolute favorite fun fact to share about us Poles to fishermen is that the brains/inventor behind Van Stahl and ZeeBaas is Polish. Apparently not the best buisnessman though :shrug:

24 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

all these newjacks been coming in guns blazing

Ha! they are so easily triggered.  They need to lighten up. 

2 hours ago, JuvenileTortoise said:

Do I look like him? I'm not related to anyone here actually. I'm just your average polak who sometimes catches small fish.

No... but the fish in your hand and the fish he catches look like brothers

Somebody in OC on 35 has a nice new wheel of 30# suffix superior leader, and a magdarter that I left on the jeep earlier in the week :banghd:

So waking up to the stiff south wind, made the decision not to head north and stay away from what most likely would have been dirty water again.  Even with the south wind found pretty good conditions with slightly stained water and a rolling surf.  No matter the conditions it was looking like another morning with the skunk.  Packed it in and move north to a spot that was been holding fish before the blow.  Second of third cast, fish on.  Wound up being a fun morning picking up 10, dropping 3, along with a handful of other hits.  Sizes were from 22 to 27 inches and all very fat.  No idea what they were feeding on, but everyone was bloated.  You just never know when or where these fish will show up.   If the weather hold, will head back there this evening.

DSCF2496.JPG

DSCF2494.JPG

Yesterday somoco out front 430pm-630pm Headed south for the sole reason of not wanting to stare at all the head boats and charters parked a few hundred yards off the beach. Beautiful wave action nice water slightly stained no big deal. No observable bait. Did catch the skunk though. Cracked a lower rod guide at the worst possible time...can and will be repaired. Time for an upgrade.

Took today off work.

last night - out back OC, casted eels in some areas I’ve always done well.. tides weren’t right and the current was ripping.. after two hours called it quits and went home to get some sleep.

this morning - hit the surf thinking it would be rocking and rolling.. not that bad..had a few bumps but nothing landed.. fished a 1oz bucktail and a tsunami swim shad.

more to come with the prospecting high tide.