UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

657 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

Have to chime in and give a big congrats to jerseypride on catching and safely releasing that once in a lifetime fish. Im also proud to be in a community of anglers that see the value of conservation...unlike all the internet heros on Instagram and facebook that dont give two **** about anything except stroking their ego. Well done.

You can stroke your ego and practice catch and release. Sadly people don’t see that though 

19 hours ago, Jerseypride said:

I've been keeping my 4 hour daily skunk sessions to myself lately. Also haven't been posting my mediocre trips where I get into some fish. But tonight was something special and I am extremely grateful to say I caught a fish of a lifetime, from land of course...  It was a great fight, a safe landing and a perfect release. Quickly put her on my boga, took a couple pics and went swimming in the water to revive her. That's all I have to say about that. I never have and will never sleep on a new moon for that reason20181108_001823.jpg.fd35125a0477031bb5aac8ccc17a617b.jpg

Congrats! What a beauty. And kudos on the safe release

Jerseypride and Mr. Bigdeal like this

43 mins ago, sevenxseventy01 said:

Excellent jerseypride. Congrats on the catch and release.

We need more people that are conservation minded.

Congrats again.

That didn't take long....but so far so good.

Congrats @Jerseypride you put in consistent work and deserve that great fish.

As for me, I do not and therefore the skunk continues. 6-8:30pm out front moco. Small breakers right on the beach, no bait that I could see, hear or smell and just about as dark as it could be. Not sure why I fished here as long as I did but it’s def time to move. Will try again tomorrow 

Fished OC 5-7am and 4pm-7pm both yesterday and today with not even a tap. Did better in October had 12 schoolie bass, this month I've fished 6 of the 8 days and haven't landed a bass. This sucks. 

Moco... Drove north to fish the incoming tide... Nada.  Stopped at one local spot on the way home and managed to pull one small bass thereby narrowly avoiding the skunk... But just barely.