UncleJohn

November 2018 Fishing Reports

579 posts in this topic

MOCO afternoon... headed south a ways and got to the beach to see an armada just offshore and a little to the north... rough count about 30 boats packing together...

found adult bunker busted up on the beach which was nice to see some big bait... gannets diving out of casting reach but close enough to look interesting...  only had about an hour and wound up with the skunk

1 person likes this

Got out today later than I wanted to, promised the kids I would take them to school.. When I got to the beach there was adult bunker and far as I could see both directions.  The problem was that they were on the outside of the bar and I couldn't reach them.  I ended up switching up to a shad and started working some cuts.  I ended up with my first "keeper" of the fall and got one more that was maybe 16 inches.  Might try again tonight on my way home from work.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, mike07gsxr said:

Go to the fish market. It's cheaper at the end...

bro what are you talking about, im just trying to learn something from the people that are actually willing to be helpful. 

p.s I don't even keep fish 

3 people like this

OC out front on the incoming, caught 3 shorts and then it just turned off shortly after I arrived. Didn’t see anyone else catching anything white bucktail with otter tail did it. 

Out front from 4-7pm.  Fisherman leaving in droves when i got there.  Didn't give me confidence but the water looked great so i gave it a shot.  Should have listen to them.  :skunk: for me.  Saw one bent rod, looked like a short. 

5:30-8pm nomoco outfront - same as the others. Prettt good looking whitewater but felt lifeless where I was. Chasing stories of bunker but the old lady is gone for the weekend so I’ll be putting in a ton of time rain or shine

2 people like this

Out back not too long ago. Wind is blowing but manageable in certain pockets. Picked up a couple schoolies on a white swim shad. Had one keeper two nights ago drifting eels in the back. Enjoying expanding my fishing grounds albeit areas that have always been there.

Headed out back in southern Ocean County today. Threw everything I had, but there was nothing doing. Did see some bald eagles, so that was cool.

Fished Mon. Cty. the boats looked busy, the beach was dead.  Plenty of guys fishing, did not see one fish.  Well let’s see what happens this weekend  maybe the fish will make a beach appearance.

Wanted to post the teaser with the porkrind guys were talking about. The action is really good.

It's a  Lefty's Deceiver in lime/grizzly color. 240s pork rind. About 18" to 24" above a swim bait or what ever you want that swims under water. Fish caught last few weeks ranged from 20" up to 36" so it does hold up to larger fish. Never tried it this way in the past but found something that just worked right a few days and payed off.

20181101_211033.jpg

20181101_211114.jpg

1 person likes this

Finally found time to go out and do some surf fishing. Went out front NoMoCo from 1300-1530. Hit up a spot where I've caught a few before last year and managed to get one within a few casts. Sand definitely moved around a bit since then and it was super shifty to stand on. Water was pretty dirty but the surf looked nice. Wind was kinda annoying after a while. Thought it was going to be a good day after that first fish but it was dead afterwards. Brought the lady with me too but she unfortunately didn't have any luck. Plenty of guys out there not catching anything either which didn't give me much hope so we left early and took a trip to Barnacle Bill's. First fish on metal today which was cool! Thankful I got to break in my new 10'er on this big guy. 

F89453C9-DCC0-426E-9B4F-779401097F9E.jpeg

1 person likes this

Ocean Co out back. A lot of effort for a few shorts

Taking tomorrow off then going hardcore for Saturday through Sunday

3 hours ago, JuvenileTortoise said:

Thankful I got to break in my new 10'er on this big guy. 

F89453C9-DCC0-426E-9B4F-779401097F9E.jpeg

That's classic !! 

You related to BellRinger ?