November 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

Out front (oceanfront) or In the back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other waters north of Raritan Bay.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Fished Halloween night through until about 2:30am in MOCO.... found some feeding fish and was actually snagging rain bait on single hook jigs so they must have been thick in some of the pockets... Seemed like small fish on tiny bait... Managed one short and that was all she wrote... Going to head south for the evening shift today and see what's what a little down the road...

Moved a little to the north this morning and found a nice rolling surf, but the water was a bit dirtier than were I was yesterday.  Still not seeing very much bait close to shore.  Best I could do was to pick up one little guy around 20 inches.  As long as the T-storms stay away in the morning will try much further north.

Finally back in action. Gave it a shot out front CMC this morning 445-6am. SSW breeze was making things choppy in the surf and constant wave action with a slight R-L sweep. Casting distance was down with the rod hand not being back to strength yet so couldn't get past the breakers. Should have thrown metal or a BT. Almost got the waders swamped by a swell that somehow made it through the mess. Skunk for me but felt good to finally get back out. 

We're at that point in the season where either could be the right choice

Bigger fish are a mile and less off the beach and could make a foray in at any time

Same goes for the back some bigger fish could show but there's been a lot of small fish back there that tend to get to a lure first

50/50 shot, so do what you enjoy doing more.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Follow the bait and the fish will be there.....+30#'ers.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

1 hour ago, IsmailG said:

There are big fish around, you just have to put away the small stuff and work the big baits. Just have to decide, getting skunked a lot to get that  1 monster, or messing around with smaller fish with more consistent catching. No wrong answer.

I had this strategy today. Fished MoCo out front today. Got the skunkaroo today while carrying around a bag of rediculously large stuff peeking out of the plug purse.  I was hopeful but it was quiet in the surf. I did feel a good smack on a tin J8 but fishy didn't come back and swallow. I'm thinking a bass gave it a bump or a blue short struck.  It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I didn't golf instead.  You shoulda seen all the boats out there!

• Sudsy locked this topic