luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - November 2018

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

After a couple of unproductive trips to the beach this fall I needed to do some catching so i headed south to HI to see a buddy 2 weekends ago. Caught  a variety of fish including black drum, puppy drum, blues, puffers and sea mullet. Water was probably 65-70 degrees. While we didn't catch any, heard of pompano still being caught too. Nothing like a few days of that to make one feel better. :)

14 hours ago, Jim McFeeley said:

. I have been thinking about doing some back bay lighter tackle stuff myself. My girls almost 4 and she has been casting in the yard regularly, be a good way for her to get started . Might be tough without a boat tho

A boat of kayak helps because of limited shore access back there once you start getting away from the inlet. But if you don't mind donning some waders or knee boots, and sometimes getting off the beaten path, there are some shore bound locations that can produce. Not really kiddo friendly spot though. 

1 hour ago, kingfisher2424 said:

Sweet light shows both nights though.

I thought I kept seeing stuff streak across the sky out of the corner of my eye. I never did see anything when I was watching for it though.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, PSUFly said:

From the surf in MD...water was pretty stirred up so kind of a surprise 

20181112_080620.jpg

Nice catch.

Kingfisher , I almost forgot. I never have cast plugs at the DSSP, always the inlet. What plugs would you suggest.  I have poppers, striper swipers and some others. Thank's

Nice work PSUfly.  Seeing the fly rod reminded me that I saw a Jeep Wrangler with a plate that said " cape fly".  I don't want to spot burn but it was on a crowded six lane road in an outlet town in Delaware.   He had his spinning rod on the roof and through the tinted window I saw a string from one side of the roll cage to the otherwise and it was loaded with saltwater plugs.  It was a well organized string of beauties.  Anyone we know?