Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Estero Bay - 10,000 Islands, Everlades City....Red Tide Effects?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

One more day...gonna fish hard and load up the fish bag with black fin. Hoping for another sail shot!

F1E7B5A9-6985-4B9C-AA80-1B3FCDEA4971.png

1F966EFA-F9AF-4013-847F-472E0F96B9FE.png

I will pass on the guides name after tomorrow’s trip.  So far so good.  Professional and knowledgeable. 

A couple of nice kings and bullets to close out the trip. I will be driving down I 75 and hope to stop off at one of the canals to see what so can find and that will be it. 

The name of the charters was Deep Blue Kayak Fishing charters.  I would recommend them.  Professional and very helpful.  Fun to fish with and most importantly they will not bull**** you. 

E7BC268F-D60E-48F2-9EB7-4713168020E4.png

On 11/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, The Riddler said:

I will be back in May! New moon.

0FBF9893-71C2-469B-8EC7-5C5E603F5B98.jpeg

Did you rent the kayak you had down there and did you just strap it to a rental car?  I usually do a Florida trip once a year and my rental car never has a roof rack so I haven’t gotten a yak yet. 

12 hours ago, z-man said:

Did you rent the kayak you had down there and did you just strap it to a rental car?  I usually do a Florida trip once a year and my rental car never has a roof rack so I haven’t gotten a yak yet. 

I mini van or get a full size van.  Which ever is cheaper. Once you put the seats down in a van you are good to go. Perfect for all the fishing gear and kayak. Fast put in and take out. The tail gate door doesn’t need to go all the way down , just needs to go down most of the way, put a strap over the door and cinch it down.  Done. I fed ex my rods down to a fed ex store.  Sometimes I camp out of the van this time I motel it.  50-140 bucks a night.  Choko / Everglades City has the more 

Expensive rooms. 

I rent Hobie kayaks for the week cost me 250.  Worth it.  If I have 2 weeks off or more I  will drive. I do enjoy camping and I believe Florida offers some of the cheapest and best camp sites. 

Edited by The Riddler