ksong

prototype Black Hole Surf rods

Rate this topic

175 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ksong said:

can be $300 - $350.

We want to introduce at reasonable prices so than many anglers can afford.

We even upgrade the Fuji Alconite guides from Chrome to Black though it is more expensive.

The problem of Fuji Chrome Alconite guides are they are prone to get rusty.

I can dare to say that the Black Hole Striped Bass rods are as good as $400 - $500 plus other brands, if not better.

If they were this price and you had them at surf day I dont think I'd be able to help myself :)  I know it's going to be more of a wait than that though. I want to check out which rod will balance best tho with the reel I'll be using it for so hopefully you have prototypes. I expected more because of how much other rods are, will this be as good as the nano but cheaper since rod technology seems to be moving forward? 

18 hours ago, Big Will said:

If they were this price and you had them at surf day I dont think I'd be able to help myself :)  I know it's going to be more of a wait than that though. I want to check out which rod will balance best tho with the reel I'll be using it for so hopefully you have prototypes. I expected more because of how much other rods are, will this be as good as the nano but cheaper since rod technology seems to be moving forward? 

We display prototype Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods at all shows starting Striper Day Long Island Show on Jan 20.

You check all our prototype rods and compare with other high end surf rods from other companies.

Edited by ksong

On 12/18/2018 at 0:56 PM, ksong said:

I have been getting good reviews of the rods from our field testers.

The only concern was whether the thin rods are strong enough for targeted fish. but it seems they are strong enough.

Though Mike Basnite fought 200 lb tarpon for 45 minutes using the 3 oz - 10 oz rod, I feel the rating of the rod is at most  2- 8 oz.  I requested to make another stiffer rods to be true 3 oz - 10 oz. 

are you going to change the rating to 2-8 then?

30 mins ago, mport said:

are you going to change the rating to 2-8 then?

I requested to make stiffer rods like Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rods and they will come here by the end of Jan. I will decide after getting the new prototype rods.

These look very promising. Hopefully I’ll be able to get through the crowds at your booth next weekend to take a look at them. If you have a reasonably price replacement cost for the top half in the event it breaks from impact that would make me comfortable buying a thinner rod. 

19 hours ago, mport said:

These look very promising. Hopefully I’ll be able to get through the crowds at your booth next weekend to take a look at them. If you have a reasonably price replacement cost for the top half in the event it breaks from impact that would make me comfortable buying a thinner rod. 

hi buddy, i was one of BH"s, field -testers with one of the pronto-type,,,, 2-6 oz., while this rod is of "Thin Diameter", don't let that fool you, this is thin diameter, but thick wall blank, plenty of back bone, with power to spare, myself, i was never a fan of "thin diameter" rods, feeling that they didn't have what its takes, and that they wouldn't handle ,their lure rating..... well this BH rod, has changed my mind ,LOL, Changed my outlook on "thin walled " rods..well i guess, you could teach, a old dog, new tricks,,, so to speak...and priced to sell -Butch N.

Edited by lureman

The Striper Day show in Long Island is held on Jan 20.

We will display the prototype 10' and 11' Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods. Come and check the rods.