Do you guys get mad when...

Rate this topic

kennethrock

You’re catching fish and no one around you is and people start creeping closer and closer to you until they’re finally in your hole? I honestly don’t mind, sometimes I’ll even wave someone over if I notice they aren’t catching anything. I wish they would just walk right over instead of trying to be slick about it like I wouldn’t notice. 

7 mins ago, Oldroe said:

We call it the shuffle. I think it's funny and treat as compliment.

My goal is to go happy.

Haha thank you for providing me with a word for my fishing vocabulary. Me personally even if I walk on the beach and see someone catching I don’t go near them. I like to be by myself and watch what everyone else is doing from a distance and let them have their fun. I also want find the fish and correct lure myself. It doesn’t feel the same when someone tells me where they are and what they are hitting. 

Edited by kennethrock

I don't really mind it to be honest. As long as they are respectful there will be no problems. 

I always try to find my own fish first, but sometimes if they're there they're there, and if you want to catch you just have to know how to fish with others. 

That said, if someone comes over and is not being mindful of my presence at all, then we have a problem.

(*member formerly known as 'Always_NoFo')

Slightly annoying especially when they are creeping up on you trying to see what you are up to. However, if they are friendly im more than happy to share.  Personally i’ll keep a good distance from someone that’s catching. I’ll watch    and try to figure out their presentation but I won’t crowd them. 

24 mins ago, Always_NoFo said:

I don't really mind it to be honest. As long as they are respectful there will be no problems. 

I always try to find my own fish first, but sometimes if they're there they're there, and if you want to catch you just have to know how to fish with others. 

That said, if someone comes over and is not being mindful of my presence at all, then we have a problem.

Same here. It's even better if they ask if I mind them fishing next to me. I'll almost always say it's ok. Just don't be a prick

There are those that I will share with that are basically just curious about what I'm using to catch.

They are not trying to muscle in or crowd me, just inquisitive, and usually will start a conversation.

Then there are those that are resentful of the fact that they can't catch and you can, and want to either drive you out or crowd you out so they can "own the spot" even though they probably stand ZERO chance of success. These are the ones we all dread, and usually end up having "words" with.

I don't crowd anyone. If someone is in a spot, and they're on the fish, I say "congrats" and will look elsewhere. If they invite me to try, I'll either decline politely or fish at a distance so that they don't have to move or look out for my line crossing theirs.

Luckily the first group tends to outnumber the second group, mainly because the second group tends to end up on a police blotter or the EPO's hit-list.

I also agree that many tend to seek solitude when fishing, so we tend to gravitate AWAY from other anglers when given the option, unless we were the first person at whatever spot/location is in question.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

at night if someone crowds me there will be a conversation in a hurry, daytime , open beach there's more room for company. If it gets tight a sidearm cast with the 11' stick clears a path.

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

6 hours ago, SurfNY said:

Slightly annoying especially when they are creeping up on you trying to see what you are up to. However, if they are friendly im more than happy to share.  Personally i’ll keep a good distance from someone that’s catching. I’ll watch    and try to figure out their presentation but I won’t crowd them. 

Some have a guilt thing about it and will fire up a friendly conversation before they cast into youre zone. Some are just over eager to remove the skunk status.

Its fun when youre trying to figure out their presentation and unfortunately find out its the same plug/lure you've been slinging the past 2 hours and not catching!