antzstripers

What did you catch your biggest fish with?

Rate this topic

216 posts in this topic

A 1 ounce Kastmaster, two steel leaders clipped together for more protection, and a 7 foot boat rod. I was 11 and in the right place at the right time by accident.

rbart likes this

Half a alewife. I'll never forget that battle. Never had a striper pull that hard before. I thought it must be a shark. I was surprised when I saw her in the wash. 

after several cast with bumps but no take, finally switch to a bomber and retrieve it slow and finally took the lure out the water and took several long runs. after over half an hour landed the 50 lb fish and released. The best part was braid lines weren't around used a 9ft rod and a 12lb mono line.

squammer and rbart like this

7 mins ago, sandworm said:

after several cast with bumps but no take, finally switch to a bomber and retrieve it slow and finally took the lure out the water and took several long runs. after over half an hour landed the 50 lb fish and released. The best part was braid lines weren't around used a 9ft rod and a 12lb mono line.

Wow that’s a heck of a line class catch 

funny you mention the school bus, many yeas ago I was taking that long walk, you know the one, anyway just happened to look down and there it was brand new in the package, this was about the time I think they just came out , first time I got a look at one, oh well put it in the bag and continued my walk, my plan was to throw bugs, ( bucktails) well when I hit my spot saw water was very calm it was a bit too light just before sunset but you could tell they were there so I says what the heck and threw that bomber , bam second cast  fish on , that fish was a solid 44, what surprised me was those hooks and rings held up

1 hour ago, john1234 said:

Doesn’t count I suppose but a live Mack. And on a boat.....

One of my biggest was on a live mack and on a boat as well......From the beach on a lure, AVA jig.

john1234 likes this