codfish

Do you love to look at fishing boats??

Rate this topic

194 posts in this topic

Not at all. Every time I go on vacation I make it a point to check out the marinas and drool.                                                 

Just got back recently from a three week trip to Ireland.  Every chance I had I walked along the harbors checking out the fishing boats and even talked to a few captains while my wife shopped.  When traveling to a coastal town regardless where,  it’s something I look forward to. 

9 mins ago, SeaZen 21 said:

Guilty as charged!

my wife and kids would be torchered every time we’d drive by a boat dealer or marina because I would always pull in to look around

Without a doubt.  But its not torture.  Its reciprocity.  And the ledger aint even close, she''s still in the lead by far!!

I'm a sucker for all boats.  Hell, just about anything that floats.  For two years, I took a ferry to work that actually took me longer to get there and was less convenient just because I enjoyed the ride.

CF, you're talking commercial fishing boats, correct? I work just outside New Bedford MA and my brother works for a company that manages logistics. Love walking down there and looking at the boats, especially the ones that come from across the world (Africa, SE Asia). It's interesting stuff. 

If you're talking pleasure fishing boats, I can't stop looking at Craigslist and THT even though I bought my boat a month ago. 

IMG_6406.JPG

IMG_6407.JPG

On 11/1/2018 at 2:08 PM, BillyBallGame said:

CF, you're talking commercial fishing boats, correct? I work just outside New Bedford MA and my brother works for a company that manages logistics. Love walking down there and looking at the boats, especially the ones that come from across the world (Africa, SE Asia). It's interesting stuff. 

If you're talking pleasure fishing boats, I can't stop looking at Craigslist and THT even though I bought my boat a month ago. 

IMG_6406.JPG

IMG_6407.JPG

"If you're talking pleasure fishing boats, I can't stop looking at Craigslist and THT even though I bought my boat a month ago." And I thought I was the only one doing this:)

2 hours ago, codfish said:

"If you're talking pleasure fishing boats, I can't stop looking at Craigslist and THT even though I bought my boat a month ago." And I thought I was the only one doing this:)

I was never a “boat guy” it was always just a way to get me on fish. Boy that changed the last few years. I’m obsessed with trolling the forums, driving by marinas haha. One of these years I’ll be able to buy my 31 contender and a little flats boat