cashews121

Jones Field 6

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

It's the fall run and the best we can come up with is story of naked old mens. :kook:  :beatin:  Still counting my blessing to the on the boobie vs banana ratio I have seen so far.

PoseidonSurf likes this

41 mins ago, hobobob said:

It's the fall run and the best we can come up with is story of naked old mens. :kook:  :beatin:  Still counting my blessing to the on the boobie vs banana ratio I have seen so far.

:laugh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tried fishing Field 6 for the first time today.

I did 10 laps in the parking lot with my car to make sure it was safe, I mostly saw elderly folks reading the newspaper or older couples out for a stroll.. no freaks.

The fishing on the other hand  EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT.... high winds, insane surf and reedonkulous sweep ... totally unfishable IMO.

Didnt even bother with WE2, I could imagine the surf was dumb and the jetty was an orgy.

Made my way to the north shore... quieter surf but dead low tide, did see some bait in the water, yet nothing on it...

Called it a day.

Edited by baldadonis2002

Any luck ..I was there after 9am and the sweep plus the wind were absolutely unfishable.

I was tossing a 3 oz bucktail 10 feet at best only to have it sweep far left before I clicked over bail to crank

On 11/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, hydraman said:

It’s a New world people get easily b-tt hurt.

Some less than others, apparently, or at least they seem to like it more than others. 

Field 6  Skunk Streak session #5 

Once again with my limited availablity, fishing 8am - 11am produces absolute beans.

A fishermen orgy once again this morning up and down the beach... not a single rod bent ( had my binocs out in between casts.

I've got 1  damn schoolie thus far for the entire fall run.

I just can't fish at night... damn it.

If anyone ever sees me on the beach.. RUN!!!  I am the damn Anti-Chri-striper

11 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Once again with my limited availablity, fishing 8am - 11am produces absolute beans.

A fishermen orgy once again this morning up and down the beach... not a single rod bent ( had my binocs out in between casts.

If it makes you feel any better We’ve  been skunked at night out that way the past 4 trips we’ve taken and it’s an 1 1/2 hour drive each way :) I got one LI Bass this fall and 2 shad ...my wife zilch she thinks it’s her lol 

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

I went yesterday 9am-12pm and this morning from 6am-8am. Conditions were great and the beaches were filled with surfcasters but no fish. I did enjoy watching the guy catch dogfish or sharks on bait though lol.

Thanks for the comments gents... its comforting and not from a "misery loves company" standpoint.

Rather, I would hate to think there were fish present and it was me.

Still I always use the time to practice a new lure or hone in on swimming different bucktail weights etc.

Surf was calm this morning, no real white water, good bit of weed in the lower column.

@ Frozen.. probably just missed you leaving today as I was arriving though I park West End of the lot and walk East up the beach.

Ran into an old timer leaving in a hurry, said he buddy told him Suffolk is where its hot in the day and the large pods move at night and then hold up around structure during the day ( thats his theory..not mine ).

Still new to Field 6 and damn its convenient, compared to striking out at WE2 - man that walk back after a skunk is pretty damn dejecting 

People keep telling me water is "too warm"  yet I see plenty of local Youtubers killin it with action.

oh well...........

After spending the past week on the beachfront east.. made the long ****ing walk last night.... threw eels at the jetty from last of incoming to drain for nothing. surf was perfectly peeling but nothing in the washes inside or out.