Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

Looking for recommendations for good striper books

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Most of you likely don't know me, but I frequented this awesome site a bunch of years ago.   I attended a couple flings and fished with some folks here in RI and Mass on a couple of occasions.    Life has changed and I don't fish much anymore.  Recently I re-read "On the Run" by David DiBenedetto.    While it's not fishing, it really quenched a bit of a thirst.  Any other good striper reads?  I know there were several others i read in the past but loaned them out and don't remember what they were.   Looking for stories, not "how to" books.. thanks a ton.

reading the water is one i read before and recall liking a ton..  i'll try to pick that one up.. others?   seems like there was one that was awesome that was about people netting in the old days.

Give Surfcasting The Block a try. Written by Dennis Zambrotta, he chimes in often here, his handle is DZ. This is a must read especially if your fishing brings you to Block Island. It offers countless tips on surf fishing and a great look back in the glory days of bass fishing from the beach. There is lots of good info in this book even if you don't fish Block.

‘Season on the edge’ by john skinner, certainly one of my favourites.

also ‘striper  tales’ by d j muller.

’30 days on the beach’ by bob Wagner , not striper dedicated but a fantastic read.

Striper Surf by Frank Daignault and The Art of Surfcasting with Lures are great ones. Inshore Fly Fishing, by Lou Tabory is also a great one even if you don’t fly fish, as it is full of knowledge about reading the water, presentation, baitfish and their habits, etc. all Northeast saltwater fishermen should read it.

John Cole's "Striper" is one of the best fihing related reads I've had the pleasure of enjoying. It belongs in every striper fishermans library. 

Pretty much anything by Frank Daignault is a good read as well.

4 hours ago, Fishinjohny said:

Striper by John Cole

This is a great read important to understand the fishery.

4 hours ago, valentine said:

John Cole's "Striper" is one of the best fihing related reads I've had the pleasure of enjoying. It belongs in every striper fishermans library. 

Pretty much anything by Frank Daignault is a good read as well.

And again “Striper” and anything by Daignault.