Sandflee

Grammer Corectas on SOL

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Just an FYI... funny how the shoot fits certain members here :)

All right, okay, it’s time to come clean – and be honest! Does it grind your gears when people make even the tiniest grammatical error? Does your restless leg syndrome kick in or your eye start twitching… to the point where you feel a deep, intense need to correct them all? From the differences between “your” and “you’re” to “there,” “their,” and “they’re” and “where” and “wear” – don’t even get started on misspelling “the” with “teh.”

So, what’s the verdict? Does that sound like you? Because if it does, even scientists will agree that you are a jerk. (No, that’s nota typo.) A University of Michigan study published in PLOS One pretty much proved it. [1] In fact, researchers believe they can trace your “Grammar Police” behavior all the way back to specific personality traits

In other words, as Chris Weller wrote for Tech Insider, “People who correct other people’s typos can be some of the biggest nuisances around – not just because they’re pointing out flaws, but for the added conceit of thinking they’re doing you a favor.”

Edited by Sandflee

8 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Just an FYI... funny how the shoot fits certain members here :)

All right, okay, it’s time to come clean – and be honest! Does it grind your gears when people make even the tiniest grammatical error? Does your restless leg syndrome kick in or your eye start twitching… to the point where you feel a deep, intense need to correct them all? From the differences between “your” and “you’re” to “there,” “their,” and “they’re” and “where” and “wear” – don’t even get started on misspelling “the” with “teh.”

So, what’s the verdict? Does that sound like you? Because if it does, even scientists will agree that you are a jerk. (No, that’s nota typo.) A University of Michigan study published in PLOS One pretty much proved it. [1] In fact, researchers believe they can trace your “Grammar Police” behavior all the way back to specific personality traits

In other words, as Chris Weller wrote for Tech Insider, “People who correct other people’s typos can be some of the biggest nuisances around – not just because they’re pointing out flaws, but for the added conceit of thinking they’re doing you a favor.”

That's my schtick! :mad:

Doesn't grind my gears but when I see it over and over, I wonder how dumb they our in real life. Here its different though. Its part of the vernacular and expected.

41 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

But you're going to "I could care less" pass?

Of course, just means you still have a wee bit of caring as opposed to “I couldn’t care less”