DanKing

Needlefish ID

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

My first plug purchased around 1987ish from Capt Don Cameron in his Dunns Corner (Westerly) shop.  Anybody know who made it?

KIMG0889_03.JPG

Edited by DanKing

in my youth he worked for henry at covedge, taught me how to tie a teaser rig and scolded me for poor knots.... .....im pretty sure he built some boat rods for me ...

Never saw he lures before

3 hours ago, Roy C said:

It is a “Silent George” Thackery Needlefish. Here are a few of mine along with the card that was stapled to the bag they were sold in

F0666A0B-5119-4E5A-9F6D-B47E39633A15.jpeg.7002e34b0109b16ecba47f6619dde422.jpeg

0916594E-61F2-4863-A351-3A16BD1E11DD.jpeg

Nope, Don never worked at Watch Hill Outfitters.  He passed away about the time they opened up.

3 hours ago, Mack26 said:

Was he the white hair/bearded guy that used to work at Watch Hill Outfitters?

5 hours ago, DanKing said:

Nope, Don never worked at Watch Hill Outfitters.  He passed away about the time they opened up.

Thanks Dan, there was a guy with a simiar nickname that worked there many years ago when I used to frequent Mike’s shop a lot.

The Silent Sand Eel needle.   Neat plugs and have a great background story.  A few years before Thackery passed I believe he was making them again for a very short time.

All of these look like older original models with the old Mustad cadmium trebles.  Cool find.

42 mins ago, Roy C said:

He is an example of his later needle. He did away with the carved eye and went with a doll type eye 

60560FFE-D44F-4E2C-BE98-EEADFAF458F7.jpeg

Thanks Roy.  I'd never seen one of the later models - just knew he was selling them at a few shops.