Jdeadman66

Minnesota

Rate this topic

214 posts in this topic

Do any of you guys know anyone who lives in Minnesota? I’ve been looking at moving out of NJ. I want to raise the kids in the country. Minnesota looks really nice, lots of land and it’s affordable. 

Think there's a couple lakes there. I have some friends that live there, they seem mostly normal. I think it's a nice area, depends what part of the state you are looking at. 

I spent five days in Minneapolis, and loved it. Loved it. I almost moved there.

But that's the city. The country, who knows. It's flipping cold as hell up there, and way too far from an ocean for me.

2 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I like the colder climate. Also looking at upstate NY, Vermont, NH, Maine. I’m really liking Minnesota though. 

Of any of them, I'd vote for Northern Vermont. It's beautiful up there. And I don't think the Noo Yawk lefties have rooned it up there yet -- that's more of a southern Vermont thing. Way northern New York, like near Plattsburgh, is probably good too. Ya got Lake Champlain, and Montreal (a terrific city) is less than two hours away.

My Aunt, Uncle and cousin live in Minnesota. My FIL lived there in the 70s. 

All of them seem to love it. My uncle and FIL are originally from Jersey and my aunt is from Missouri. Aunt Uncle and cuz are all pretty crunchy. I was out there as a kid and thought it was beautiful but it's been a long time. My FIL describes the boundary Waters as one of the most beautiful places he's ever seen. 

40 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I like the colder climate. Also looking at upstate NY, Vermont, NH, Maine I’m really liking Minnesota though. 

Maine is closed.

Sorry.