Master Debaiter

Creeped Out

Rate this topic

144 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, jsbergen said:

Mind me asking what the bad experience was? I fish AC from time to time and cant believe i havent had any crazy stuff go down yet. 

Unfortunately, it was the night when someone killed their girlfriend with a ball peaned hammer on the T-Jetty........and that T-Jetty has got some damn good production !!

Fishing a bridge with a fog so thick you couldn't see anything outside an arm's reach.

Fish breaking, fog horn off in the distance, and no one else around....then the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

Nothing happened, but it's funny how the mind works.

For the record, the human mind HATES gaps in information and will try to fill in those gaps with whatever information you have stored in your noggin.

Because it takes years for us to develop a mental "library" of information, the information available isn't always beneficial. That's why children tend to have what we can irrational fears (dark, sounds, places, etc...) and can provide fuel for childhood nightmares as well.

As an adult it's what can create those "hair-raising" feelings when we get creeped out.

I walked on water one night while wading waist deep at a spot in Raritan bay - damn horseshoe crab swam right into my leg......  I don't think ive ever moved so fast.....

Took a trip to Clearwater Florida in 2017. We had just watched River Monster, the Bull Shark episode prior to fishing. We were wade fishing at night. Bait fish where flying out of the water in waves. From right to left, left to right. All I could think about were sharks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 10/24/2018 at 10:53 AM, DZ said:

I don't know how the NY gang does it.  I remember that story of a Long island serial killer dumping bodies a number of years back?  

Many were found in areas near the water.  You have to figure the most likely people to around when the bodies are dumped would be surfcasters.

Did they ever find the killer?

Years ago I fished Staten Island, NY quite often and the same thing was happening there. It was on the news, and in the papers. I had to make up stories, to avoid telling family where I fished

Edited by Lou T

Not my story, But a personal friend with an impeccable reputation and no reason to tell fake stories, 

told me of a time about a decade ago where he made the mile walk out to a secluded area

where the Hurricane of 1938 wiped out homes and people died. 

He was the only one out there that night, fishing alone, standing on a rock casting .  

He suddenly felt a very strange feeling come upon him, so he quickly turned around 

but nothing was there. 

Just seconds later, he felt two hands flat against his back abruptly and sharply shove him 

off his rock.  

And you guessed it..... no one there......... 

This story has stuck with me.

3 mins ago, Pistol Pete said:

Not my story, But a personal friend with an impeccable reputation and no reason to tell fake stories, 

told me of a time about a decade ago where he made the mile walk out to a secluded area

where the Hurricane of 1938 wiped out homes and people died. 

He was the only one out there that night, fishing alone, standing on a rock casting .  

He suddenly felt a very strange feeling come upon him, so he quickly turned around 

but nothing was there. 

Just seconds later, he felt two hands flat against his back abruptly and sharply shove him 

off his rock.  

And you guessed it..... no one there......... 

This story has stuck with me.

That just made me shiver and check behind me... I love and hate this thread so much.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I fish an inner urban area in the spring that has a tributory to the river running in the heart of the city.  Little park area.  At night the spring  bass, on their way upstream to the rivers spawning grounds, come up to chase shad and herring etc.   Can be a really productive spot but a really bad ghetto type area.

We were on fish for about 10 days straight and i was making the long drive everynight so very little sleep,  lol.  Had to pass through on my way south in the morning and there was a great tide at around 4 am.  Left early and deceided to fish the spot alone (never did that there becuase of the neighborhood lots of gunshots and sirens all night).

Got to the spot and creeped in on stealth mode in case the locals were also up early.  With the noise from the rushing water i never felt so vulnerable to someone sneaking up on me.  Dense woods to my back and you just could not hear.

Caught one nice bass right away and beat feet out of there i was so creeped out.

I will take ghosts and crazy animals any day over that kinda of creepy.

Edited by Captain Ahab