Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff B

3 months already

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

In about 7 hours, it will be 3 months since we had our world and our lives change forever.

It will never be the same.

I pray for families and friends this holiday season.

I will call Richie's family and Bob's kids and wish them well. Words are small comfort I know. But I hope it will help in some way. To remember their valiant efforts to get everyone out, aid the injured, calm the panicked and save a life. All while unknowingly sacrificing their own. I miss them all very much.

Please don't omit the memories.

For everyone who went to work 3 months ago to earn a living and support their families, never knowing they wouldn't return to them ; and for 452 who charged in to help...

crying.gif

------------------

NEVER FORGET

09-11-01

AMERICA UNITED

Jeff B

Jeff,

Yes, today we mourn. We will mourn forever. In a strange way, and please don't be offended by this, I celebrate. Rather than cower in fear, our nation used cunning and strength to topple those who helped perpetrate this act. Perhaps the murderer himself will be caught, perhaps not; regardless, he never expected the response he got, as he thought he and his Taliban filth would be immune to American counterattack. I celebrate so much more. Rather than turn our backs to those who were lost and their suffering relatives, America turned on a giant pipeline of money, food, clothing, and love. We have a resurgence of patriotism and appreciation of our country that, before 0911, was sadly missing. Today's youth now proudly display the flag, ask about national service, and want to learn more about the sacrifices our veterans made over the years to give us the country we have today. There's more. The murderer expected that we would wage purely vengeful killing in our response. He guessed wrong. We dropped bombs, yes, but we also dropped food and blankets and tents and medicine. Yesterday, the first relief train from Uzbekistan rolled into Afghanistan, loaded with wheat. This was the first train in 5 years. We liberated a suffering people from the grip of madmen, and the world is now embarking on the rebuilding of a country that has suffered so hellishly over the years. This rebuilding is long overdue. Am I saying I'm glad the attack occurred? Oh God no....we all wish none of this had happened, but we know that we can never go back to the way we were. What I'm saying is the murderer did not get what he wanted. He failed in his mission, and he and his filth will always fail in their mission. Their mission is hate and intolerance and violence and death. America stands for exactly the opposite, and we will never, ever be defeated.

No, Jeff we can never forget 0846HRS 09/11/01. Worked there, was there, was lucky, but lost friends there.

And Rich, you are right. That slime bucket never expected:

A. How this country united and:

B. The unlimited supply of military hardware we are sending him compliments of our fine young people in the armed services.

Thank God this president didn't waste his time on cigars, floozies and a few Tomahawk missiles sent in willie-nillie.

God Bless those who are gone!!

God Bless our troops!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL AMERICANS!!!!!

Spigola

I left the World Trade Center at just after 9am that morning. Before the 2nd plane. I have not been back since. The only images I see are on TV and it seems like its a million miles away. Some time next week I'll be back at a new location downtown, about 2 blocks away. Its gonna be strange, but I'm ready to go back.