john1234

Anyone know a plug similar to the smack it ?

48 posts in this topic

Can’t find the jr’s so are there any dead ringer or knock offs out there with that same rattle and castability that the smack it’s have?

40 mins ago, john1234 said:

Can’t find the jr’s so are there any dead ringer or knock offs out there with that same rattle and castability that the smack it’s have?

Are you looking for a Smack-it or a Smack-it Jr? 

7 mins ago, night owl said:

Are you looking for a Smack-it or a Smack-it Jr? 

Looking for the jr.

That Lonely Angler popper is a good looking lure! :theman:

I like the Yozuri Hydro Popper in the 90 mm size, but it's slightly shorter and a little heavier than the Smack It Jr. 

The Creek Chub Knuckle Head Jr is the same length as the Smack it, but it's slightly lighter, and certainly has a different action. 

I've got a bunch of poppers in various sizes, and really don't know of any that are real close to the Smack It's shape. Most are like the Hydro shape. 

Post a Wtb Smack it jr post. Never know what the lure fairy, might have in the bag for you.

1 person likes this

Lost one of mine over the summer to a bad knot, and replaced it in a tackle shop with a knock-off.  The lure was pretty close, although the hardware was cheaper.  Pretty sure it was Captain Bill's.

Posted (edited)

Try a bone colored Rebel Jumpin Minnow (switch out hooks and splits). You will be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps even more effective than the popper

Edited by VanStaalSteve

Just now, VanStaalSteve said:

Try a bone Rebel Jumpin Minnow. You will be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps even more effective than the popper

I can’t for the life of me get that plug to dance.....and I’ve tried, it tends to walk for a couple yards the dive under or pull through straight like a floating needle......usually carry one but I have 0 confidence in it.....

2 mins ago, john1234 said:

I can’t for the life of me get that plug to dance.....and I’ve tried, it tends to walk for a couple yards the dive under or pull through straight like a floating needle......usually carry one but I have 0 confidence in it.....

Twitch rod tip and reel ,repeat. Takes some time to get it going in a nice cadence but when you do the Jumpin minnow will produce. 

Yeah do you fish it on a snap? I reach for a jigsmith before that plug but I fish the 75 lb tac anglers clips which might add some weight to the front of the plug and throw off the balance. I just can’t even find the capt. Bills knockoff smack it jr’s.