FishnDucks

Your best 5 surf lures to fish with!

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

(1 through 3) 1, 1.5, 2oz bucktail for surf

2, 2.5, or 3oz bucktail for inlets

(4) Diamond jig or deadly dick if the area is more snag free.  Those lures work, but are pricey.......  IF batifish situation is crazy, then a weighted snag hook.

(5)  For Surf....   Baitfish around then a Cotton Cordell popper, usually blue/white.....    No reports of bait, then

sandeels  might be likely Needlefish.

For inlets......    Dead Eel Rig.

5 hours ago, codfish said:

With the new striper rules how will it effect your lure selection?? for me the days of 4 oz jig heads are in the past:):)

Why?

1 hour ago, codfish said:

Last year almost all of my bass big and small came on the 9 inch squid bait, just my two cents:)

thumbnail (4).jpg

Fair enough, it seems though that sometimes we might limit where or how we fish based on what we like rather than what the fish want. I'll throw whatever that want be it a 9" squid, or a 4 oz head and tail. The new rules will obviously have zero impact on how I choose to fish.

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

Fair enough, it seems though that sometimes we might limit where or how we fish based on what we like rather than what the fish want. I'll throw whatever that want be it a 9" squid, or a 4 oz head and tail. The new rules will obviously have zero impact on how I choose to fish.

Thanks for sharing:):)