FishnDucks

Your best 5 surf lures to fish with!

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Right now.....Yo-Zuri 3D Inshore Twitchbait...Mullet and/ or Peanut Bunker.......remove the trebles and put on VMC 2/0 Singles......sluggin' em.

You fishing off the rocks with these?  Great lures but a little difficult to cast from the beach..........no?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not at all.....depending on your set-up, I'm fishin' a 8 1/2 ft. Rainshadow with a Cabo 40 w/ 20lb. Fireline and a 20lb Floro leader.....been fishing rock piles.....the way I fish'em is, on the initial cast at the same time the plug hits the water I impart a health yank creating a nice splash....then just let it sit quite a few, then twitch it, then let it sit a few more......usually that triggers it, they see it they eat it..... if not I bring'em in, in a staggered "walkin' the dog" fashion....and repeat.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Not at all.....depending on your set-up, I'm fishin' a 8 1/2 ft. Rainshadow with a Cabo 40 w/ 20lb. Fireline and a 20lb Floro leader.....been fishing rock piles.....the way I fish'em is, on the initial cast at the same time the plug hits the water I impart a health yank creating a nice splash....then just let it sit quite a few, then twitch it, then let it sit a few more......usually that triggers it, they see it they eat it..... if not I bring'em in, in a staggered "walkin' the dog" fashion....and repeat.

True....I have some light tackle set-ups that can fire unweighted soft plastics a good ways out there.

Just curious though, with the set-up you mention above, how far can you get that into the wash?  

I rediscovered the Rebel Jumpin Minnow this year, and it has caught a lot of fish. Besides that, pretty similar to everyone else:

- Talkin' popper

- bucktail

- epoxy jig

- SP minnow

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

True....I have some light tackle set-ups that can fire unweighted soft plastics a good ways out there.

Just curious though, with the set-up you mention above, how far can you get that into the wash?  

Hmmm....somewhere around 90 yrds. depending on the wind naturally.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

How about for Ocean County sandy beaches fishing for stripers and blues? Do many guys use darters and needlefish?

Seems like diamond jigs, bucktails, soft plastic/ jig head, teaser, popper of some kind or little neck swimmer?

The 5 best? There is only one for me... Teasers. Lots of times I fish double teasers hi-lo tipped with pork rind... it casts a mile, even if 10ft seas with wind... and... I have yet to be standing on a sandy beach with other people present and been outfished while using it. Finding fish, going at the right time, etc... THAT PART msy not come together. But if im on a beach catching fish and other people are present, cant say I have ever seen the teasers get outperformed.

20 mins ago, FishinDVM said:

The 5 best? There is only one for me... Teasers. Lots of times I fish double teasers hi-lo tipped with pork rind... it casts a mile, even if 10ft seas with wind... and... I have yet to be standing on a sandy beach with other people present and been outfished while using it. Finding fish, going at the right time, etc... THAT PART msy not come together. But if im on a beach catching fish and other people are present, cant say I have ever seen the teasers get outperformed.

There’s a rig in the south like that: you take a banana jug and thread a teaser a few inches above it, and a lot of times the teaser gets hit instead of the jig.