Ryan08rb

Lake Nockamixion

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody just moved a few months ago close to Nockamixion and herd there are big stripers and hybrids in there! I was wondering if anyone has any information on fishing for them on the lake. Like can you catch them from the bank or do you need a boat what plugs and bait to use etc. I will be doing mostly bank fishing because I do not have a boat. Thanks for any help!! 

I have waded the banks and also used a canoe. It's a hot or cold lake. I feel like I either catch or don't catch. I have not caught a hybrid bass there but I've done well on largemouths. 

Nockamixon is a difficult lake, its heavily fished and they have a tournament there every thursday afternoon for the whole summer. That being said, i have had a ton of fun on my new kayak this year fishing the lake back in the coves where the boats tend not to go. Throwing spooks at dusk/dawn and then plastics during the day. I also have not caught a hybrid out of there but have caught Bass, muskie, crappy and walleye. Try the bridges if your going to wade, as most of the lake is difficult to access on foot. 

my largest lmb 8lb came on a dear hair  fly july 4 about 15 years ago for stripers spill way is good from land when water is released also good for tiger musky, walleyes  for hybrids stripers jig with bucktail by dam from boat this time of year having a blade on it like a road runner has will help

Ryan08rb likes this