jjdbike

Most flavorful burger: type meat, ingredients

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a recipe for a really flavorful burger. I'm open to different types of meats & ingredients. While I know it's hard to beat a grilled burger made w/ fresh, high quality meat, I'm looking to try.

I know of someone who makes a combo of ground sausage & ground beef w/ BBQ sauce. I haven't tasted it but I've heard they're good. I've had various turkey burgers combos w/ feta, spinich, sundried tomato that were petty tasty & healthy.

What ever the combo, they need to freeze well, as I'll make a bunch & freeze some. That' how I cook. I cook one day on the weekend, make a bunch & feeze some. I like to have a good variety in the freezer and rotate through them througout the week.

Soooo, what are your fave flavorful burger combos?

Thanks in advance!

JD

Thanks Steve,

I love lamb, but my wife won't eat it.

I'm looking into some combination of turkey, spinich, sun dried tomato, onion and feta. Wondering about how to season it.

JD

1 min ago, chitala383 said:

3:1 ratio of ground beef to finely minced pepperoni. Have to grill it on low though because the grease from the pepperoni will catch on fire.

Wow that sounds great!

Thanks

JD

Jim - once you get into a bunch of ingredients, you are more or less making meatloaf. And with too many or certain ingredients in the ground meat, it becomes difficult to keep a burger from falling apart on the grill. And is why meatloaf recipes often include egg and bread crumbs, as binders.

If you are speaking of that stuff as toppings for the cooked patty, well that is different.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 10/20/2018 at 6:52 AM, jjdbike said:

I'm looking for a recipe for a really flavorful burger

Just switch to 70% lean!

Don't worry about your arteries!

Edited by SB59

25 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

JJ,   personally I like bison burger much better than beef or lamb.   Have you tried it ?

No I haven't, but I'll put it on my list!

Seems like it might be lean? Is it tough or dry?

Thanks.

JD

19 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Jim - once you get into a bunch of ingredients, you are more or less making meatloaf.

55 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Can't disagree with Sim here. I like the idea of lamb burgers for a change but dont mess with beef burgers.  Otherwise it's just meat loaf.

I'm with you.  Both. :scared: 

If you want to make a good burger go to the butcher and ask for a mix of brisket, chuck, and if you want, short rib.  Equal parts.  Salt and grill to medium rare.  Done.

last night we had Schweid & Sons chuck briscuit. It’s 75/25. Bit of seasoned salt, black pepper and a slice of pepper jack cheese. Good stuff. 

072E6C63-2C68-412F-8C30-595633213461.jpeg