Rate this topic

Hook I

7 hours ago, Hook I said:

Was it in the water they drank ? 

Trump was

Bloomberg was 

Giuliani was 

must be something more to it . 

I have never been left, registered republican for 50 years.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

Me.  Actually I was always independent, but I tended to vote more liberal in my younger years.

Dumber too.  I wised up.  And it was not that the conservative side 'drew' me to it.  The left drove me away, I tried it, its crazy.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

1 hour ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

I was a huge fan of JFK ... yes I was too young to vote at the time, but would have voted for him.

That said, when I was old enough to vote I went R and didn't look back :)

JFK would have done the same had he not been beholden to D party, and had lived to experience his Brother's Dem party.

Many in my family were Democrat as a function of very local politics.  I respect that.  

I figured being Democrat was the appropriate choice.  

As a kid I vividly recall watching Carter and Reagan, and also recall saying "no" to the former and "yeah" to the latter.  

Never identified nor registered D.  I was a staunch R for a bit in my earlier professional career, but grew up and out of that as well.  

In a 7th grade mock election I voted for Nixon.

After I got out of the military, I voted for Carter, yes I was young and thought a good man would make a good president.  I was wrong !

Went Libertarian for a while, then R, since Clinton. 

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

Grew up in a Democratic household and registered as a Democrat when I turned 18. Was a registered Republican before my 21st birthday and have been an Independent since W's second term. In my opinion W tried to please everyone and just managed to piss off those of us who voted for him, not willing to stand up to the Libs was my biggest problem with him.

(*member formerly known as 'PCSilverstriper')