Congrats, Angler #1

Rate this topic

Joe G

Yesterday, the Sandwich Chamber of Commerce presented Carl Johansen with its 2018 Leo Manning Award for Town Ambassador at a Pilot House luncheon.

In presenting the award, the Chamber of Commerce noted that...….

"Carl Johansen, a concerned citizen in the Town of Sandwich and also a legionnaire and member of the Clark Haddad American Legion Post 188 is the Leo Manning Award recipient. 

Year after year, Carl has proven to be an avid ambassador for the Town of Sandwich.  A faithful town meeting attendee, he has worked tirelessly on many high-profile projects within the town that draw people to our community, including the Sand Hill Community Center and more recently, helping the American Legion's effort to install a Vietnam War Memorial beside the Sandwich Town Hall.

He is an advocate for business, the Chamber, and community life and deserving recipient of this award."

Well done, Carl.  

Thanks guy it was an unexpected award and to have our local Senate leader Vinnie deMacedo present a citation was even more of a surprise . One never knows the joys of life, one can receive from being chosen for this annual award by the Sandwich Chamber of Commerce . My wife also can see the hard work she has put in in supporting me, at times very difficult out side activities that has many ups and downs . It was an emotional time , but happy as well. 

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Carl,

Congratulations my friend!

Well deserved, no doubt, for in the few short years that I've known you, your compassion for others and passion for things that are important to you shine through you, and impact more people than you will lever know.

(Just don't rest on your new-found laurels, because many of us still have a LOT to learn from you!!!)

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher