Good Shoot?

Rate this topic

Seal

On 10/18/2018 at 11:52 PM, woodbutcher said:

Geezus, Chicago PD will hire anybody.

Not so surprisingly a lot of older guys are complaining about the younger guys coming out of the police academies. The top complaint is the drop in quality of cadets. This is predictable. Less recruits, less to chose from.

Who in his or her right mind wants to do this job anymore. People in general have less respect for police or the law. People are way more violent. The pay does not keep up with the increasing risk, or the cost of health care. Illinois is mismanaging retirement funds. The work is depressing, dealing with impoverished drug addicts, and a population living in fear of gang violence. The police are understaffed, and one man may need to do the work of 3.

A lot of the good ones take their resumes and move to the country. Maybe pay is even less, but you can live through your career, retire and work a few private security jobs. 

I think the problem is going to get worse as police burn out on the job and keep slugging along to retirement. Go ahead and do what officer Muhammad did for 6 days a week, ten hours a day, in some gang ridden drug infested impoverished neighborhood for a few years and report back to me ( directed at op). 

It is wrong what happened, but we are only going to see more of it, until the problems are fuxed

6 hours ago, fishhappy said:

Not so surprisingly a lot of older guys are complaining about the younger guys coming out of the police academies. The top complaint is the drop in quality of cadets. This is predictable. Less recruits, less to chose from.

Who in his or her right mind wants to do this job anymore. People in general have less respect for police or the law. People are way more violent. The pay does not keep up with the increasing risk, or the cost of health care. Illinois is mismanaging retirement funds. The work is depressing, dealing with impoverished drug addicts, and a population living in fear of gang violence. The police are understaffed, and one man may need to do the work of 3.

A lot of the good ones take their resumes and move to the country. Maybe pay is even less, but you can live through your career, retire and work a few private security jobs. 

I think the problem is going to get worse as police burn out on the job and keep slugging along to retirement. Go ahead and do what officer Muhammad did for 6 days a week, ten hours a day, in some gang ridden drug infested impoverished neighborhood for a few years and report back to me ( directed at op). 

It is wrong what happened, but we are only going to see more of it, until the problems are fuxed

1. People definitely have a lot less respect for cops. (Because ubiquitous video cameras have finally exposed them to scrutiny.)

2. A Chicago Sergeants salary is approximately $100,000. (And this thug's been on paid vacation for 14 months.)

3. "Police Officer", isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/04/the-10-most-dangerous-jobs-for-men.html

Edited by Seal

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

19 mins ago, Seal said:

1. People definitely have a lot less respect for cops. (Because ubiquitous video cameras have finally exposed them to scrutiny.)...............

You know what they almost never show us?  How about the thousands (or is it tens of thousands) of times EVERY day that officers across the nation DE-escalate a situation and prevent someone from going to jail, or DON'T shoot someone they justifiable could (SHOULD!) or simply let someone go that they could easily ticket?

For every bad cop, yes, there are some truly bad ones, how many absolutely terrific ones are there?  But we never see them in the news, do we?

31 mins ago, Seal said:

1. People definitely have a lot less respect for cops. (Because ubiquitous video cameras have finally exposed them to scrutiny.)

2. A Chicago Sergeants salary is approximately $100,000. (And this thug's been on paid vacation for 14 months.)

3. "Police Officer", isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/04/the-10-most-dangerous-jobs-for-men.html

Sergeant Khalil Muhammad makes $104,628 a year...In base salary

And if you've ever looked at the pay of cops, you'll notice that many of them make a massive amount of money in overtime pay. Some going well over $200,000 a year.

One of the ways they get all this overtime, is by finding a reason to arrest someone at the end of their shift...(I wonder if they can put in for overtime pay, for hunting and kidnapping people when off duty?)

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

9 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

You know what they almost never show us?  How about the thousands (or is it tens of thousands) of times EVERY day that officers across the nation DE-escalate a situation and prevent someone from going to jail, or DON'T shoot someone they justifiable could (SHOULD!) or simply let someone go that they could easily ticket?

For every bad cop, yes, there are some truly bad ones, how many absolutely terrific ones are there?  But we never see them in the news, do we?

People very rarely make the news for doing their job. Or for "not murdering anyone".

~ Plato

2 mins ago, Seal said:

People very rarely make the news for doing their job. Or for "not murdering anyone".

I'm not talking about cops who merely "do their job."

I am talking about officers who go out of their way to actually help people in ways that the job does not obligate them to.  I think if cops simply did "the job," they could ticket far more people than they do, justifiably shoot more people than they do, arrest far more people than they do, and be far less tolerant than they usually are.

But no, no credit for that, eh?  To you, that's "just doing their job."

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm not talking about cops who merely "do their job."

I am talking about officers who go out of their way to actually help people in ways that the job does not obligate them to.  I think if cops simply did "the job," they could ticket far more people than they do, justifiably shoot more people than they do, arrest far more people than they do, and be far less tolerant than they usually are.

But no, no credit for that, eh?  To you, that's "just doing their job."

I expect cops to be good people. In fact, I expect them to be exceptional people.

Is that expecting too much?

~ Plato

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

There are none!

They're all ticking time bombs!

Just ask seal!

I even used proper grammar just for you!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

let's be honest.

that cop should be hung, in public.

but, 99% of the people shot by cops, actually deserved it,

don't run,

don't run your mouth,

when a guy is holding a gun and tells you to keep your hands where he can see them, don't reach under the seat.

its actually quite simple...

how lucky am i

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

7 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

but, 99% of the people shot by cops, actually deserved it,

We can't just go around shooting everyone that "deserves" to get shot. :laugh:

~ Plato

32 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

There are none!

They're all ticking time bombs!

Just ask seal!

I even used proper grammar just for you!

A cadet named Khalil Mohammed, who could have known he would come to this?

Edited by woodbutcher

"...we used a tracking method."  - Dale Monroe

7 mins ago, woodbutcher said:

A cadet named Khalil Mohammed, who could known he would come to this?

I know a lot of arabs, not one of them would have the slightest reservation about killing someone lol

how lucky am i