Waterproof headlamp

Rate this topic

salt deficient

On 10/18/2018 at 8:22 PM, Sea Of Atlas said:

Underwater Kinetics Vizion headlamp, takes 3 aaa's. You can dive in saltwater with it, you can wash it in the washing machine, freeze it, drop it etc. Ive had mine for about 5 years. I have others but this is the most reliable. 

Excellent light! I’ve had mine for years now and it still functions like new. 

I have been using a NyteBright I got on Amazon for $17. It has been dunked in saltwater a couple of times, and worn in everything from clear weather to absolutely pouring rain, and I have had zero issues. The best part for me in the independent red and white LED buttons. No more cycling through every lighting option to turn it on and off. And it has a lifetime warranty. For less than $20, it is impressive.

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, Always_NoFo said:

I have the same one. I believe only the electronics are sealed. Make sure you check your battery compartment. Other than that it's a great headlamp 

What good is it if water gets into the battery compartment? 

On 10/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, Always_NoFo said:

I have the same one. I believe only the electronics are sealed. Make sure you check your battery compartment. Other than that it's a great headlamp 

I did a review on that thing........funny thing about it...out of my over 200 videos......I got the most insults, threats, etc over that.....Hilarious.  I had to report someone to the police for threatening to kill me and my family.  Another wished cancer on me and my loved ones....LMAO

Others called me stupid and said Black diamond has a video on it saying it's exposed and I should have known it.............*but that video came out a month or two after mine.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I bought another HC90 after my first one died.

I tried using the spot and HC 50s.

Unfortunately once you go HC 90 you just can't use anything else.  

The slide switch, Color, wide area flood....best in the bidness.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

On 10/18/2018 at 8:22 PM, Sea Of Atlas said:

Underwater Kinetics Vizion headlamp, takes 3 aaa's. You can dive in saltwater with it, you can wash it in the washing machine, freeze it, drop it etc. Ive had mine for about 5 years. I have others but this is the most reliable. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:28 PM, webfoot44 said:

Excellent light! I’ve had mine for years now and it still functions like new. 

worth every penny....:th::th:   

On 4/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, levari said:

What good is it if water gets into the battery compartment?

I mean you're not wrong, but I've fished it hard for the past two years and it's stood up to all the heavy rain, splashing, etc. I haven't dunked it (no reason to), but for $30 I have nothing but positive feedback for this light.

(*member formerly known as 'Always_NoFo')

UK Vision is a good light, comfortable, one button operation and fairly waterproof.  I tend to kill one each season though.  The light seems to have poor connection points and will flicker after a while of use.  Most people I know who use them experience similar issues with the flickering issue.  I continue to use it because I have not found a better option yet.  

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!

There are several nitecore options that will work. Before that, I considered lights to be a disposable item - use until they break and get a new one. I have nitecores that are 4 years old with significant use. 

Lights are like pliers, you can get by with anything that you want but there are good options out there for a bit more $$$.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, salt deficient said:

Bought a Princeton headlamp. A tech sync for about 25 bucks. It had off/red/off/then 3 different brightness.  Used it once, then saltwater got into it.

Want a good one that can take some abuse.  Definitely want red on it.  Also, highly prefer disposable batteries.

If Princeton made a waterproof version I'd be happy. 

Curious;

What type of fishing are you doing (mostly) ?