Sand eels.

Rate this topic

Chipnice

I’ve had some small bass and bonito locally this past weekend and they’re spitting up sandeels 4-6”

I’m gonna be on the sidelines till weds because of work and winds and was wondering what are your favorite patterns for the sand eel bite.  I’m hoping to tie a few up the next few evenings 

thanks

Edited by Chipnice

I've done very, very well over the years with Ken Abrames' Big Eelie:

Culton_BigEelie2.JPG.de5e8430148f830c4ba853cec9b6cd54.JPG

~

That's the original pattern, but I tie it all manner of color combinations, and they all work. You can find details with a search of SOL or my site. Here's one I was fishing this summer:

Hope that helps,

Steve Culton

"We fish for pleasure; I for Mine, you for yours."
-- James Leisenring

On 10/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, The Fisherman said:

I've done very, very well over the years with Ken Abrames' Big Eelie:

Culton_BigEelie2.JPG.de5e8430148f830c4ba853cec9b6cd54.JPG

~

That's the original pattern, but I tie it all manner of color combinations, and they all work. You can find details with a search of SOL or my site. Here's one I was fishing this summer:

Hope that helps,

Steve Culton

A very nice gentleman, smoking a cigar and drinking tea from a Kelly kettle gave me one of those very same flies !    :)

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT